Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NetWeaver 7.0 ABAP Trial Version error code 601

andreas_mann3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've tried to install NW 7.0 on a PC with OS windows vista home premium

1)I can't install it in graphical mode because of error:

"the installer is unable to run in graphical mode. Try running the installer with -console or -silent flag.

2)so I tried to install it in a dos-window with setup.exe -console

It run but after 3 minutes installation stopped with the following log:

<i>(Oct 5, 2007 7:03:49 PM), Install, com.sap.installshield.maxdb.maxdb_call_sdbinst, err, An error occurred and product installation failed. Look at the log file C:\sapdb\log.txt for details.

(Oct 5, 2007 7:03:49 PM), Install, com.sap.installshield.maxdb.maxdb_call_sdbinst, err, ProductException: (error code = 601; message="An Error happened during call of MaxDB Tool sdbinst. Check end of Logfile C:/Users/ANDREA~1/AppData/Local/Temp/MaxDBSAPNWPREV.log")

STACK_TRACE: 22

ProductException: (error code = 601; message="An Error happened during call of MaxDB Tool sdbinst. Check end of Logfile C:/Users/ANDREA~1/AppData/Local/Temp/MaxDBSAPNWPREV.log")

at com.sap.installshield.maxdb.maxdb_call_sdbinst.install(maxdb_call_sdbinst.java:193)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.getResultForProductAction(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitComponent(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitInstallableComponents(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProductBeans(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.install(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProduct(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.wizard.service.LocalImplementorProxy.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.wizard.service.AbstractService.invokeImpl(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.GenericProductService.installProduct(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installAssembly(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.access$900(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer.execute(Unknown Source)

at com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOperation.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)</i>

could anyone help?

regards Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

andreas_mann3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thank you Klaus,

so may I use MS Virtual PC 2007?

and than start setup for NW again?

is there any cookbook? or helpful link ?

regards Andreas

klaus_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Virtual PC should work, but I have installed it only on VMWare so far. Just set up a virtual machine with Windows XP and install the Trial Version again.

Additionally you can check out these thread:

or search on SDN for trial version vista.

Kind regards,

Klaus

klaus_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas,

Unfortunately, the current version is not released for Windows Vista (see system requirements in the HTML files included in the download package). You can install a virtual machine running Windows XP and then install SAP NetWeaver 7.0 ABAP.

Kind regards,

Klaus