cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow in MDM with email notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using the workflow for the first time,and doing a scenario where workflow should be automatic and ,

1. as one user finishes the processing it should go to the next user automaticallyan an so on.

2. As on user add new records and field values a email notification should also go to the next user available as the processing of first user finishes.

Please provide me someo helpfull links or suggetions ASAP,all the efforts will be appriciated.

Thanks & Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First create a user with email address in the Console and then add your "Mail Server=<smtpservername> in mds.ini file (prog. files>SAP MDM> Server).

For MDM WF you need Microsft Visio.

Good luck,

NL

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Process Flow Overview

1. Launch MDM Data Manager

2. Create the Validation.

3. Select the workflow Table

4. Design the workflow in Microsoft Visio Professional.

5. Run the work Flow in the Data Manager.

6. Verify Result

Pre-Requisite: Before You Launch the MDM Data Manager, Check whether the Repository is up and running (Status Must be Loaded Running in MDM console) and Microsoft Visio Professional has been installed and the Repository has been configured with the Mail Server.

Example : Start &#61664; Process&#61664;Validate&#61664;Approve &#61664;Notify &#61664; Stop

Notify button

In the Step Properties pane, click on the To field and select a User from the Available Users list as u Required.

In the Step Properties pane, click on the Subject field and type in “ ”

In the Step Properties pane, click on the E-Mail body field.

In the E-Mail body field, click on the button and type the Message

If u had any doubts regarding Workflow Please let me know i will clarify.

Regards

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

To make workflow automatic.

1) Go to Data manager.

2) Select Workflow table.

3)In the properties of workflow specify Triger action as Record Import,Recort update and Record Add .

Email notification is already answered.

Below is a good link for Workflow.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9180cbaf-0801-0010-f882-f2af6dc9...

Plz reward points if this information solved ur problem.

Regards,

Neethu.

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

MDM workflow can send email notifications when a step has exceeded its allotted time or number of iterations. The notification from the owner of the workflow is sent to all assignees who have received but not yet completed the step, along with a “cc” to the specified users.

For this You must add a Mail Server entry in the mds.ini for every repository that uses workflow (for example, Mail Server=mail.domain.com).

Regards

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have solution for your email. Even I will try same

for your general workflow requirement, there is a very beautiful how to guide which will help you step by step.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9180cbaf-0801-0010-f882-f2a...

Hope it will help,

- An