Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Problems with PI - looks to be SLD related?

Hi,

I'm having some problems with an PI system.

Background:

We have a Netweaver 7.0 SR2 system which was installed by an SAP consultant.

Initially we hit various problems trying to create an PI prototype and I attempted to fix them based on information in SDN. To the best of my knowledge, I’ve done the following:

• The post install set up of the SLD

• The post install set up of PI

However, because we started out assuming everything was OK, and only fixed problems as the occurred I have performed many of these steps in a different order to the one suggested and it has taken us some weeks to reach this point.

(Current) Problem:

We have created a prototype scenario mapping from a JDBC sender to a file receiver, this executes, but the file receiver fails. In attempting to diagnose this problem we tried to use the Runtime Workbench monitoring – which is reporting an error (Details for <b>'Are roles in SXMS_CONF_ITEMS and SLD consistent?’</b> No role for business system defined in SXMS_CONF_ITEMS). Looking for information on the web/SDN about this, I was directed to check the transaction SXI_CACHE which is reporting an error, in attempting to resolve this issue I have:

1. I initially noted that SXI_CACHE was reporting a communication error, and (again looking on SDN) was directed to check an RFC destination INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI (using transaction SM59)

2. INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI didn’t exist, so I created it (again working from directions on SDN)

3. When I test INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI it reports a HTTP 500 error (Internal Server error) which it is suggested on SDN is normal?

4. When I did a cache refresh of SXI_CACHE after setting up INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI it failed with an error NO INTEGRATION SERVER

5. Checking in the SLD I noticed that the Technical system for our XI box no longer had “SAP Exchange Infrastructure 3.0” installed – which I had previously set up

6. After some tricking about in the SLD (I had to manually delete some CIM class instances of type Installed Software Component), I could add “SAP Exchange Infrastructure 3.0” to the Technical system for our XI box again

7. However at this point (late yesterday) I couldn’t do a further cache refresh of SXI_CACHE (the option was grayed out)

8. This morning I noticed that again the Technical system for our XI box no longer had “SAP Exchange Infrastructure 3.0” installed?

9. Additionally I have the message below in my SLD logs, even though the SLD Data Supplier in the j2ee Visual Administrator is reporting Data transfer performed successfully.

#64 10/04/2007 22:57:10.673 [Thread-83] INFO com.sap.lcr.sagent.specificbuilder.J2EEBuilder: Incomplete data for central service instance received from data supplier. 
Generating a SAP_BCCentralServiceInstance DSX.SystemHome.sapsrv1.ServiceInstanceID.01 
Please check the version of data supplier in J2EE engine sending this data.

I am unsure of what to do at this point, any assistance you can offer would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Paddy

Former Member
Former Member replied

Normally you create a new client as an installation step. Page 16.

http://help.sap.com/bp_bpmv130/Documentation/Installation/XI30InstallGuide.pdf

I would log on to client 000 - run transaction SCC4. This is to create the client.

Then logon to the new client as sap*, use transaction SCCL - this is to perform the local client copy from client 000 to your client you logged on.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question