Problems with PI - looks to be SLD related?
I'm having some problems with an PI system.
We have a Netweaver 7.0 SR2 system which was installed by an SAP consultant.
Initially we hit various problems trying to create an PI prototype and I attempted to fix them based on information in SDN. To the best of my knowledge, Ive done the following:
The post install set up of the SLD
The post install set up of PI
However, because we started out assuming everything was OK, and only fixed problems as the occurred I have performed many of these steps in a different order to the one suggested and it has taken us some weeks to reach this point.
We have created a prototype scenario mapping from a JDBC sender to a file receiver, this executes, but the file receiver fails. In attempting to diagnose this problem we tried to use the Runtime Workbench monitoring which is reporting an error (Details for <b>'Are roles in SXMS_CONF_ITEMS and SLD consistent?</b> No role for business system defined in SXMS_CONF_ITEMS). Looking for information on the web/SDN about this, I was directed to check the transaction SXI_CACHE which is reporting an error, in attempting to resolve this issue I have:
1. I initially noted that SXI_CACHE was reporting a communication error, and (again looking on SDN) was directed to check an RFC destination INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI (using transaction SM59)
2. INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI didnt exist, so I created it (again working from directions on SDN)
3. When I test INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI it reports a HTTP 500 error (Internal Server error) which it is suggested on SDN is normal?
4. When I did a cache refresh of SXI_CACHE after setting up INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI it failed with an error NO INTEGRATION SERVER
5. Checking in the SLD I noticed that the Technical system for our XI box no longer had SAP Exchange Infrastructure 3.0 installed which I had previously set up
6. After some tricking about in the SLD (I had to manually delete some CIM class instances of type Installed Software Component), I could add SAP Exchange Infrastructure 3.0 to the Technical system for our XI box again
7. However at this point (late yesterday) I couldnt do a further cache refresh of SXI_CACHE (the option was grayed out)
8. This morning I noticed that again the Technical system for our XI box no longer had SAP Exchange Infrastructure 3.0 installed?
9. Additionally I have the message below in my SLD logs, even though the SLD Data Supplier in the j2ee Visual Administrator is reporting Data transfer performed successfully.
#64 10/04/2007 22:57:10.673 [Thread-83] INFO com.sap.lcr.sagent.specificbuilder.J2EEBuilder: Incomplete data for central service instance received from data supplier. Generating a SAP_BCCentralServiceInstance DSX.SystemHome.sapsrv1.ServiceInstanceID.01 Please check the version of data supplier in J2EE engine sending this data.
I am unsure of what to do at this point, any assistance you can offer would be appreciated.
Many thanks in advance,
Normally you create a new client as an installation step. Page 16.
I would log on to client 000 - run transaction SCC4. This is to create the client.
Then logon to the new client as sap*, use transaction SCCL - this is to perform the local client copy from client 000 to your client you logged on.