cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with PI - looks to be SLD related?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm having some problems with an PI system.

Background:

We have a Netweaver 7.0 SR2 system which was installed by an SAP consultant.

Initially we hit various problems trying to create an PI prototype and I attempted to fix them based on information in SDN. To the best of my knowledge, I’ve done the following:

• The post install set up of the SLD

• The post install set up of PI

However, because we started out assuming everything was OK, and only fixed problems as the occurred I have performed many of these steps in a different order to the one suggested and it has taken us some weeks to reach this point.

(Current) Problem:

We have created a prototype scenario mapping from a JDBC sender to a file receiver, this executes, but the file receiver fails. In attempting to diagnose this problem we tried to use the Runtime Workbench monitoring – which is reporting an error (Details for <b>'Are roles in SXMS_CONF_ITEMS and SLD consistent?’</b> No role for business system defined in SXMS_CONF_ITEMS). Looking for information on the web/SDN about this, I was directed to check the transaction SXI_CACHE which is reporting an error, in attempting to resolve this issue I have:

1. I initially noted that SXI_CACHE was reporting a communication error, and (again looking on SDN) was directed to check an RFC destination INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI (using transaction SM59)

2. INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI didn’t exist, so I created it (again working from directions on SDN)

3. When I test INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI it reports a HTTP 500 error (Internal Server error) which it is suggested on SDN is normal?

4. When I did a cache refresh of SXI_CACHE after setting up INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI it failed with an error NO INTEGRATION SERVER

5. Checking in the SLD I noticed that the Technical system for our XI box no longer had “SAP Exchange Infrastructure 3.0” installed – which I had previously set up

6. After some tricking about in the SLD (I had to manually delete some CIM class instances of type Installed Software Component), I could add “SAP Exchange Infrastructure 3.0” to the Technical system for our XI box again

7. However at this point (late yesterday) I couldn’t do a further cache refresh of SXI_CACHE (the option was grayed out)

8. This morning I noticed that again the Technical system for our XI box no longer had “SAP Exchange Infrastructure 3.0” installed?

9. Additionally I have the message below in my SLD logs, even though the SLD Data Supplier in the j2ee Visual Administrator is reporting Data transfer performed successfully.

#64 10/04/2007 22:57:10.673 [Thread-83] INFO com.sap.lcr.sagent.specificbuilder.J2EEBuilder: Incomplete data for central service instance received from data supplier. 
Generating a SAP_BCCentralServiceInstance DSX.SystemHome.sapsrv1.ServiceInstanceID.01 
Please check the version of data supplier in J2EE engine sending this data.

I am unsure of what to do at this point, any assistance you can offer would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Paddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would check OSS Note 764176.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I would check OSS Note 764176.

Thanks - tried that and the associated Note 809420 - looked promising, but my issue remains with no change in the symptoms.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks again,

Paddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

The other OSS Note that impacts this I have found is 936093.

We had to change all users and passwords as the Repository was not registering.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Barry,

> The other OSS Note that impacts this I have found is

> 936093.

>

> We had to change all users and passwords as the

> Repository was not registering.

Tried this - didn't make any difference, but when following the steps from the associated note 817920. A few things started to come together in my mind all the PI users and configuration have been set up logged into Client 001 of my PI system. However when logged into Client 001 I can not refresh the SXI_CACHE, but if I log into Client 000 I can refresh the SXI_CACHE - it fails with

HTTP status code401 Unauthorized

Should have followed the post install steps for the SLD & PI logged into Client 000 rather than Client 001 or do some of the steps need to be repeated logged into Client 000?

Thanks again for the help,

Paddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

These should be pointing to the specific client - 100 (or whatever client you have configured) and not 000, 001 or 066.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> These should be pointing to the specific client - 100

> (or whatever client you have configured) and not 000,

> 001 or 066.

Sorry - I don't understand. The machine was set-up for us by an SAP consultant, the documents she provided mention clients 000 and 001, but no others. We started working with these and started hiting problems - I have followed the post install steps for SLD and PI using client 001, I didn't notice any mention in the documents that sugested I need to configure another client.

I'm guessing I've missed some fundamental step(s) - can you point me at a document that details what I need to do? (My SAP experience is very limited and so I'll need some verbose instructions I'm afraid.)

Many Thanks, for all your help,

Paddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Normally you create a new client as an installation step. Page 16.

http://help.sap.com/bp_bpmv130/Documentation/Installation/XI30InstallGuide.pdf

I would log on to client 000 - run transaction SCC4. This is to create the client.

Then logon to the new client as sap*, use transaction SCCL - this is to perform the local client copy from client 000 to your client you logged on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Barry - we appear to be in business now.

Paddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad to help!

Best wishes

As an after thought, double check the ExchangeProfile to make sure it's pointing the new client....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got that - all working now!

Answers (0)