Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Production Plan in decimals

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am facing 2 issues while generating SNP Production Plan through SNP Optimizer

1) Production Plan is in decimals ( Although in CUNI i have maintaine EA as 0 decimals allowed) while running SNP Optimizer.

2) There is a break in Production ie. SNP Production Plan for a give SKU is not continuous like it is on 1st bcket 5th bucket 10th bucket then from 15th to 25th it is continuous and again from 26th onwards thr is a break in production.

Thanks in advance

Abhishek B Somani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

For the 1st issue, check your planning area via /sapapo/msdp_admin. Go to key figures tab and click on details. Find the key figure for Production Plan and check the defined decimal places there.

For the 2nd issue, optimizer will not necessarily recommend production at the desired buckets. Optimizer can opt to prebuild or delay production depending on your cost structure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Joselito for your quick response.

But in my planning area for 9APPROD thr is no decimals allowed.

and for optimizer to generate production plan without break what cost seetings should be done.

Thanks and Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

You can check the planning book settings. Go to /sapapo/sdp8b and specify the planning book and data view you are using. Right click on the row to view decimal places settings.

To prevent pre-builds, try to increase the storage location costs in the product-location master.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IN CUNI, you can always maintain display units as 0 and keep Decimal Pl. Rounding also as 0. This should be enough to get rounded plans.

For the second one, check the behaviour by reducing the lot size. It may be a possibility that the higher lot sizes are influencing the optimizer to produce intermittantly. Possibly these lot sizes are comparable to the capacity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

In CUNI I have maintained display units as 0 and decimal places also as 0,but thn also its not working.

System is giving production plan is in decimals.

and for the second one i will reduce the lot size and will check.

Thanks & regards

Abhishek b Somani