cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using the standard BSP application HAP_DOCUMENT to avail appraisal services. The following page has got a print button in it, when it it executed.

documents_received.htm - List - Received Documents

Once this is selected, the appraisal form will come in a PDF format, so that we can either save or print it, but i get the following error,

"Adobe Reader could not open 'filename.pdf' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded)".

I had searched the forums, but I couldn't find anything suitable... Please suggest how to resolve this..

Thanks.

• Helpful answers will be rewarded.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Does your form display correctly in the backend (PHAP_ADMIN)?

If yes, problem could come from the printer definition in the BADi used by your BSP.

Regards,

Francois

Former Member
0 Kudos

Francois,

Thanks for the reply, yes I could see the form in PHAP_ADMIN, but I am able to see the form in BSP also in the web format. The problem is only with the PRINT button....

Please guide me in the following:

How can i confirm the problem is in the BADI's printer definition of BSP?

If so, how can i correct it?

Thanks & Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, if i select the print, then atleast it should give the file in the PDF format...It's not coming in R/3...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any input...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't get your problem.

In PHAP_ADMIN, can you properly display the form in PDF? Select a process then Print > enter LP01 as printer and print preview.

If the form displays, the problem is in the printer definition in the used BADi.

Rgds,

Francois

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francois,

The form is not displayed, once lp01 is given, I am getting the follwoing error,

<b>ADS: SOAP Runtime Exception: CSoapExceptionTransport :(100101)</b>

I think this is due to ADS configuration is required?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you're right. ADS is down and/or misconfigured; refer to config guide on service.sap.com/adobe.

Regards,

Francois

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our processor is Itanium. Is it possible to configure ADS for this ?

Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are some limitations with 64-bit ADS, refer to the PAM for your NW installation on http://service.sap.com/pam

Regards,

Francois

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Francois for the link. In the supported platforms (given below) I couldn't find it for the itanium,

https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000001303&_EVENT=RELEASE&00200682500000002...

Also, to have ADS in non-supported platforms, the note 925741 mentiones to Install an additional stand-alone Application Server Java, which I think is not possible for us right now, as we are going live in few weeks.

Thought I would share these points.

Once again thanks for the help.

Answers (0)