cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appraisal print in PDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had used the documents_todo.htm to create appraisals. When it is executed, there is a print button for the appraisals created. I get the following error when it is printed,

"Adobe Reader could not open 'filename.pdf' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded)".

I had searched the forums, but I couldn't find anything suitable... Please suggest how to resolve this..

Thanks.

• Helpful answers will be rewarded.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try using an external debugger and see where it is getting struck.

You can enable external debugger from Settings menu.

regards

Atul Shrivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Thanks for the reply, but when I go to the BSP application and select utilities->settings->abap editor->debugging, I am not able to see any field for enabling the external debugging..

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any input...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please have a look at these thread:

Hope this helps!

Regards

Atul Shrivastava

former_member189428
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

go through this link here

how to get out put in pdf format is explained.

former_member189428
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

The BSP application class, and the HTML coding of the BSP pages. It also contains a file (content.txt) that describes the different subdirectories of the archive.

if u want this thing go through this url

http://www.sappro.com/downloads.cfm?session=e35df3bc-57c8-4bdb-8686-f18d624aef6e

here one sample application along with one article explain these things in detail manner.

regards

jagadish babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Atul,

Thanks for the links... Debugging is enabled, Once the list of forms are given, I select one of them and then select the print. In debugging, it's taking me upto the list of docs, but after that when i select one form, the debugging exits..

Any other suggestion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jagadish,

Thanks for the link, but this talk about how to create in PDF... this is the standard application and it should give the result in PDF.. am i missing some configs here for the PDF format...?

former_member189428
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

This file contains the code for the PDF Toolbox RFC server, the ABAP classes that enable access to the server, the PDF template file used in the article, the BSP application class, and the HTML coding of the BSP pages. It also contains a file (content.txt) that describes the different subdirectories of the archive.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are an abaper and I hope you know how to correct these errors, try putting a breakpoint just before where you are getting stuck, Which variable is causing this?

Try catching the exception where the problem is.

This is something which you have to do on your own and no one from SDN can login into your system and check this.SDN can only show you a path which you have to walk through.

Regards

Atul Shrivastava

Answers (0)