Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data carrier

former_member1282879
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

i have some Clarification and information regarding DMS

in my configuration i have defined only one Datacarrier ie Default PC, will this do all the need full, or will lead to to any complication in any aspect,

i want to know what is the Advantages of defining many datacarriers or the Limitation of a single Datacarrier.

iam facing a situation where a particular software say PDF reader or AutoCAD, is not installed in all the System. and iam thinking of installing this Software in a particular System or say in the Content Server system.

can this software be made used to view these cad and Pdf files on the front end system where this software is not installed,

Say in a particular PC the software AutoCAD is not installed and if he wants to View the AutoCAD file,

another problem iam facing is

and while Creating a New AutoCAD file in my system through DMS Create, it gives a message "Drawing file is not Valid"

while i can create a Word Doc File, but it is not possible to create a new AutoCAD file throuh DMS, (AutoCAD is Installed in my system)

also i have no idea of how to create a New Data carrier type,

what exactly have to be filled in

1, define data carrier type

2, define server and files or folder

3, identify frontend computers

Please suggest, points will be awarded for sure.

Thanks and Regards

Sathish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

"Define data carrier type"Server, front end" Create a new Data type and give the path either in C: Drive or other Drive also works with CAD System.

Then "Identify frontend computers" for these data Carrier type define.

Regards

Rehman

former_member1282879
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

thanks for your solution,

i created a new Data carrier type AC for viewing auto cad files and given the path as, C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2006\acad.exe"

and at Define serveres and files or folders,

defined the data carrier as Autocad type was default as AC,

at Identify frontend computers i could not enter any thing it is only in display form and no values were there and niether could be entered.

and my datacarrier created is not there to be selected while creating documents.

through CV01N create documents.

i suppose this is because i have already defaulted PC as the data carrier type. default system as my data carrier.

please clarify my Below douts also

as in my configuration i have defined only one Datacarrier ie Default PC, will this do all the need full, or will lead to to any complication in any aspect,

i want to know what is the Advantages of defining many datacarriers or the Limitation of a single Datacarrier.

iam facing a situation where a particular software say PDF reader or AutoCAD, is not installed in all the System. and iam thinking of installing this Software in a particular System or say in the Content Server system.

can this software be made used to view these cad and Pdf files on the front end system where this software is not installed,

Say in a particular PC the software AutoCAD is not installed and if he wants to View the AutoCAD file,

another problem iam facing is

while Creating a New AutoCAD file in my system through DMS Create, it gives a message "Drawing file is not Valid"

while i can create a Word Doc File, but it is not possible to create a new AutoCAD file throuh DMS, (AutoCAD is Installed in my system)

also i have no idea of how to create a New Data carrier type,

what exactly have to be filled in

1, define data carrier type

2, define server and files or folder

3, identify frontend computers

please provide configuration details or if possible screen shot details

points will be awarded for sure.

Thanks and Regards

Sathish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish

If you are unable to place anything in "Identify frontend computers" then you can take a help of Senior ABAP he will open through programm and ADD the persons or computer names there.

Yes with one Defaulated PC as data Carrier type your purpose can be solved.

Regards

Rehman