cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have just upgraded my sneak preview SP11 to SP13, and i found a note that says, starting with SP12 and the development of Adobe Interactive Forms needs Adobe Designer 7.

On this same note, a link to download the executable file are provided, are also mentioned that the old version of Adobe Designer, should be uinstalled first, using the SAP Netweaver Developer Studio installation program, and then, installed the new one.

The problem is, uninstall run perfectly, but when executing the file of Adobe Designer 7, still mentioned that an old version exists.

Anyone have already tried to update to the new Adobe Designer Version?

I also have the sapgui installed and have looked for a uninstall of adobe forms software from the installation program, but didn't found nothing.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

There are two things involved here.

1)Adobe desinger is one which you will install while installing the Netweaver developer studio. This designer is responsible for developing UI elements within the Adobe Interactive forms. While installing the Studio it will ask for installation of the designer.Check the checkbox so tht Adobe designer will be installed.

2)With respect to Adobe reader this is a seperate installation in Local system in add or remove programs.

While displaying data in adobe forms the ADS willcontact the Adobe reader internally and function.

So delete your studio IDE completely and reinstall it along with Adobe Desinger.

I am also using SP12 and I ve absolutely no problem with Adobe Desinger.

Hope it helps.

Rdgs,

G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not having troubles with Adobe Designer inside of NDS.

Has mentioned before, by note 848539, an update of Adobe Designer should be done for ADS SP-12 or above.

I have installed the NDS 13 from scratch, before reading this note.

After reading the note, i removed the forms option, from the NDS installation progrma and tried to install the new Adobe Designer has described on the note, the problem is, when executing the file, that should update the Adobe Designer, it's not running, because still saying that an old version of Adobe Designer exists, and when running the NDS and trying to create a new Adobe Interactive Form application, a version of Adobe Designer 6.0, still appearing.

Thanks and Regards

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

To Uninstall the older version of Adobe you need not have sapgui,you can simply remove from

Start->Settings->Control panel->add and Remove programs->uninstall older adobe.

Now install adobe7.0 from http://www.adobe.com after successfull installation,now you can install NWDS 13. it works.

I did same thing its working fine.

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I only mentioned the sapgui, because the note says that you already have a NDS or sapgui installed, could be necessary to install the old adobe designer from both installation programs.

In "Add and Remove Programs" i only found the option to remove Adobe Reader. I need to remove Adobe Reader to install sucessfuly the new Adobe Designer?

I already have de Adobe Reader 7.0.

Thanks and Regards

John