cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logistics Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have two questions - One: How far does SAP B1 caters to the business units in service industry and in which way? Second: If it does, how specifically it can be used in businesses in logistics industry?

Regards,

Sathya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai sathya,

Any way your are going to charge the customer by Container Basis/LCL Basis. and it may be depends upon the country you are going to charge. i think it is possbile to adapt B1 system in your office.

<b> Consider in FCL Cargo</b>

20 Ft - STD

40 Ft - STD

40 Ft - HC

if it so you can implement as a unit.

When your are coming to <b>LCL Cargo</b> then make in the way which i said in the first reply

regards

chidambaram

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is it possible for you to use SAP logistic service and then using integration technology in SAP to join the data in B1 ? if not, better to develop addon or searched it in the web I have proposed.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Sathya,

Please note that you do in this manner

1. According to the CBM( Length x Width x Height ) of the Parcel/Boxes.

2. say in your terms it may come as Bundles/Boxes/Bales

3. I want to know this is the way that you are charging to the customers ike what ABT/TVS Logistics company people are charging to the customer. according to the CBM You have to charge

if it is so, please follow the procedure

Your Create a Item Master Data as and not an inventory item

Box

Bales

Bundles saying the unit price per CBM

When you are making the Invoice to the Customer you work out the actual CBM and put in the Unit Column then you will get the total amount for the Parcel it may be Box/Bundles/Bales.

Please work in this format and reply me back

regards

chidambaram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Chidambaram,

I think i didn't made it clear. My question is whether B1 can be implemented in a Container Frieght Station whose business is to handle export and import cargo.

Regards,

Sathya

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

SAP B1 must be enhanced with specific solution for logistic service industry where transportation, logistics and management. I think it is addon. The business process inside it like transhipment, storage, returns handling, etc can't be optimally handled by SAP B1.

Try to look for the addon in this link : http://cpsn-channel.sap.com.

Rgds,