cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection of Number Range for EXCISE INVOICE

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

here at my client side, i have a customer for export sale and i have extended that customer for domestic sales and created excise invoice for domestics sales(local sale) and it is taking number range object J_1IEXCEXP instead of object J_1IEXCLOC.

can any one tell me the reason for this.

plz its urgent.

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ullas

You must be having two Sales Areas for the same customer and also two Excise Groups for the respective plant. If not, create a separate Excise Series Group.

Now goto "Logistics-General --> Tax on Goods Movement --> India --> Business Transactions --> Outgoing Excise Invoices".

Here select "<b>Maintain Default Excise Groups and Series Groups</b>" and assign the "Series Groups" intended for "Domestic" and "Exports" seperately based on the customer sales area.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sir,

Thank for your reply,in this case customer is extended in same sales organization.

And as u told i have maintaned in CIN for excise group and series group as defaults.

Please suggest.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ullas

Its not sales organisation; what I mentioned is customer sales area.

You should distinquish a customer who falls both in exports and domestic by creating two distribution channels one for domestic and another for exports. If not by which you have differentiated.

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can do it by having separate series groups for domestic sales and exports sales. alternatively while generating exice invoice check mark the 'use local number range' box jus next to series group and check (this is incase you do not want to have separate series group, make sure the bth unmber range objects are assigned to the series grp)

saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

with your suggestion, by using 'USE LOCAL INVOICE' check box in J1IIN my problem is solved.

thank you for reply.