Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Table maintenance using SM30 help please

Hello experts,

I have a problem and maybe some one here know how to do this. I would be very grateful if some one could detailedly show me how to do.

My question is:

How to create a table maintenance transaction using SM30? I want to create a transaction using SM30 so that I could directly maintain a table using this transaction.

I would appreciate your help please.

Thank you.

Nadin

Tags:
Former Member
replied

Hi

You need to create a "Parameter Transaction".

What this means is that you will have a transaction (let's call it "ZMAINT") which calls "SM30" and passes in your table name.

Go to transaction SE93 and enter your new transaction code. Enter in the Tcode description and choose "Transaction with Parameters" (it shouldbe the last radio button).

Enter in the default transaction "SM30" and tick the "Skip Initial Screen" check box. Hit Enter.

Now scroll to the bottom of the screen and you will see a Table Control where you will need to enter in the values to the SM30 selection screen.

Because you hit ENTER, the program will have loaded in the Selection Screen parameters into it's memory. Hit the drop down for "Name of Screen Field" and select "VIEWNAME" and then enter in your Z Table in the "Value" column.

Now go to the next line and hit the drop down and select "UPDATE" in the "Name of Screen Field". Enter in a "X" in the value column.

Now save the transaction and there you have it.

OR

You need to create a Parameter transaction - In SE93 while creating the tcode, specify the last option (Transaction with Parameters or Parameter Transaction).

In the subsequent screen, under the Defaults block, specify the transaction as SM31 and select the check-box 'Skip initial screen'.

At the bottom of this screen, in the list you would specify the following-

Name of screen field -

Values

UPDATE -

X

VIEWNAME -

Name of your table

Save all these.

http://www.sap-img.com/abap/create-a-table-maintance-program-for-a-z-table.htm

<b>Reward if usefull</b>

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question