cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quota arrangement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

Problem.I have 4 vendors A,B,C,and D with quota of 40,30,20,and 10.The requirement is of 1000 pcs.The minimum qty for A is 400pcs.How the system will distribute the qty,Please explain it in detail as I am very new to this topic.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To begin with and assuming that

Quoata Allocated Qty=0

Quota Base Qty= 0

Quota Rating wil be 0 for all four vendrsas

Quota rating= (quota allocated qty+ Quota base qty)/Quota

Lowest quota rating is the effective source .

Since the quota rating is 0 for all , it will go to Vendor with heighest Quota which in this case is "A".

Quota Base Qty is used if a new source is included in the existing quota arrangement . The quota base qty enables you to prevent a situation in which the new source is assigned all requiremnet until its quota allocated qty exceeds the

quota allocated qty of any existing sources.

Hope it helps you.

Thanks ,

Tausif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tausif

Thanks for your input.I am still looking for the quantity deployed to each vendor according to quota arrangement under the scenario I mentioned obove.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sam

It depends on the quota base qty for each vendor.

First plz let us know the status of quota base, quota allocated qty.

Then only we will be able to say you the correct distribution.

Regards

AAK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sam,

Ensure that you have created necessary Info, (ME11) Source List (ME01) and Schedule Agreement (ME31L).

Check whether the schedule agreement linked in source list with the MRP indicator.

Check whether the purchasing view filled with the quota arrangement data.

Check whether the MRP1 view is filled with necessary MRP Type.

Create Quota arrangement by using transaction MEQ1 and fill the validity end date to open the quota screen.

Fill the Procurement type, vendor code and quota split for the two vendors and run MD03 (MRP run).

You will get the splited schedule lines as per the quota and you can view it in MD04.

Minimum Quantity for Splitting Quota specifies for the splitting quota the minimum quantity that a lot must have in order to be apportioned among several sources of supply in the planning run.

If the lot is smaller than or equal to the minimum quantity, the system will proceed on the basis of the usual quota arrangement logic.

The indicator for the splitting quota must be set for the the lot-sizing procedure used for materials planning purposes in Customizing.

Regards

Rajesh

Do reward if useful...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

Thanks for your response but my problem is to know the calculation for the quota arrangement.Could you or any guru do the calculation for the quantity that goes to vendors in this scenario.Please explain each steps of calculation

Sam