cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Master -- transfer of material to scrap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Four different FG materials all having different thickness have to be transferred to one scrap material. The base unit of each material is M2 and the AUM is KG . The conversion factor vary depending upon the thickness of the FG material.(eg FG1 with 15 thickness conversion factor is 100kg= 40 m2 and FG 2 with thickness 40, the conversion factor is 10 kg = 20 M2). The Scrap material is sold in KG and its BUM is M2. This scenario works fine in case the conversion factor for all FG is same. Please suggest some solution to map this.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Why don't you maintain the scrap material in KGs alone, And when transferring any of these 4 materials to scrap material use AUM which is kg in MB1B. This way you will not have a problem of conversion. because it is surely not gonna be possible for the system to determine the conversion automatically. But if in case you don't wanna do this then you would have to take the help of an abaper and do some customization for this movement type and the material codes so that depending on the material code the conversion from M2 to KGS is done.

Reward if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is the peculiar situation.

when you make any posting system by default will take BUM.

BUM of scrap & BUM of FG though same but they are not equal.

Hence we have to use work around as per my update.

If the syustem to use automatically, ypou may have to for customized program.

Hope you appriciate the problem.

Regards

YMREDDY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is an idea.

Here for all Fg's & scrap material also BUM is M2.

AUM is there for all the materials including scrap material.

I hope you are using transfer form FG to scrap by MB1B with movement type 309.

If it is so , try to transfer in KG's while transfering.

That means while transfreing convert first into Kg's & transfer.

Pl. try & get back.

Regards

YMREDDY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear YMReddy,

Thanks but i want the system to do auto calculation instead of manually converting the m2 in to KG.

Secondly the sales unit of scrap material is KG. if i give one particular conversion factor is given in scrap then system converts the entire scrap as per that conversion which is wrong.

Thanks