Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rule based on plant wise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

the following details I have done.Its based on DMS

1) I have created a role.In this role I have used responsibility role type.there are two responsible users(A,B). each one is responsible for each value.(I am using Laboratory/office field as value X,Y )so user A for value X, user B for value Y.When I simulate it ,it shows correct users depends on the role value.

2)Then in the decision task I passed the Laboratory/office value from role container to workflow container....

when I execute the task its not filter the users according to the field values.

both users were get the workitem. my requirement is to filter the users according to the Laboratory/office value .can u help me on this ....?any other setting is missed on this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

my I question is resolved......... thanks Mr. KK & AK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx for the reply Mr.KK & AK,

I have defined the things correctly.but I have one doubt....

In my scenerio the DMS document is go to approval procedure after its creation. In this document ,I have the field LaboratoryOffice.Then I am using rule container element as LaboratoryOffice.Based on the rule value I have assigned different agents in responsibility. My work flow container also have LaboratoryOffice element.So I done the binding steps in the decision task.

Suppose I execute the workflow template with the initial value (LaboratoryOffice), that time its working perfectly.but when I create the DMS document with one LaboratoryOffice value (without using initial value ) that time its send the documet to all the agents without filtering.

My doubt is,Whether the element can be refered from the DMS document or not?

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should use the laboratory value from the DRAW object (assuming that is your object type) in the binding, at least that is what I would recommend. There is no need to have a separate container element for the laboratory.

(Note: I may have misunderstood completely what it is you are asking - I find your postings hard to understand unfortunately. English is not my mother tongue.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Value should pass from Workflow to Rule container. For reference you can check Ws20000050.

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hopefully you just have a typing error, so you are actually binding laboratory from workflow container and to the rule container.

Typically your problem can occur when the value passed to the rule is not reckognized, i.e. you have not defined any responsibility for the combination of input data - in your case just the laboratory. A special case of this is that there is no laboratory - the value is initial. Check the container, and test the workflow with debugging enabled if necessary.