Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV report on 2 pages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement in which i have to dispaly the output of a report using ALV's on two pages. The first page should display the summary categories of the costs being charged and the other pages will have details by G/L account of each of the cost categories on the first page. I am not sure how this will be done with ALV's.Please help.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the ALV view u cant see the page break. but when u give print to printer then u can have page break.

Can u confirm whether u want to have page break in the view of ALV or u r gonna give print?

if u r not going to print then its not possible in the view, but u can achive this through blocks.

2 separate blocks for 2 categories using reuse_alv_block_list _diaply.

Rvert back,

Regards,

Naveen

0 Kudos

How will this be possible using if we dont give a print? can u plz expalin in detail as to how this blcok thing will work?

0 Kudos

Hi,

as u r not going to print, then uts not possible using reuse_alv_grid/list _display.

But its possible to display in 2 seperate blocks (not 2 separate pages) . using the follwing fm" Reuse_alv_block_list_init, reuse_alv_block_list_append, resue_alv_blck_list_display'.

the above 3 fm will display ur list in sepearet blocks.

Revrt back if any issues,

Reward if helpful.

regards,

Naveen

0 Kudos

naveen,

if we print the report then this will be achieved only with a page break? or with some other way?

0 Kudos

Hi Kanika,

Even if u print it will dislpay in single page (2 blocks in single page).

Let me make u clear : if u want to display the grid (not the list) in 2 blocks , then this can be achieved using Object oriented .

If u wanna have a page braek when u give to printer then i think it may be possible using events available in alv.

as u said u r not going to give print, then i think its better to display the grid in 2 sepearte blocks( if u wanna disply the LIST in 2 sepearted blocks , use reuse_alv_blck_lit_init.......earlier fm)

revrt back if any issues,

Regards,

naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

well c if this can help u.

u have u created 2 buttons, page1 and page2 on ur alv status

wen the user presses page1 call reuse_alv_grid_display of the first page u want 2 show

and wen the user presses page2 call the reuse_alv_grid_display of ur 2nd page u want 2 show