cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

answers required to some of the Interview questions....

former_member1283182
Participant
0 Kudos

hi friends, could any one give me the detailed answers to some of the interview questions i have faced? please do mail me to

<a href="https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/home/rulesofEngagement&">Rules of engagement</a>

1. what is <b><u>Unit Testing</u></b>?

2. What is <b>TPZ</b>?

3. What is <b>Exchange Fault Data and Exchange Log Data</b>? & whats its use?

4. What is <b>Program ID in RFC adapter</b>?

5. What is the use of <b><u>Adapter Ojects in IR</u></b> & whats the use of <u><b>Adapt Meta Data and Communication Template</b>?</u>

Regards,

Satish.

Message was edited by:

Kenny Scott

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1. What is Unit Testing?

2. What is TPZ?

TPZ file format is the one which is used to import and export XI objects.

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/12/09/xi-code-sample-understanding-the-tpz-file

3. What is Exchange Fault Data and Exchange Log Data? & whats its use?

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/02/fault-message-types--a-demo-part-1

4. What is Program ID in RFC adapter?

Refer my answers in

5. What is the use of Adapter Objects in IR & whats the use of Adapt Meta Data and Communication Template?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Thanks

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Would you like one of us to sit the interview for you ?

If you are going to apply for an XI role then you should at least have some basic XI knowledge !!

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, and for that intention he s asking. I dont think to be silent would be a good preparation

former_member1283182
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks for your suggestion... i think this forum is to help one another & the new guys taking up XI carrier. I have posted these questions in order to know if at all there any any better answers, so that i can up date my self.

Any ways thanks for your GrEaT suggestion......

Former Member
0 Kudos

please close the thread if u have already got the answer!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi satish,

<b>1. what is Unit Testing?</b>

Unit testing is nothing but u will test each component seperately.

Check this end-to-end docs for unit testing:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5474f19e-0701-0010-4eaa-97c4f78d...

Unit testing XI mappings with Detroubulator:

/people/morten.wittrock/blog/2006/07/25/sdn-day-amsterdam-session-proposal-unit-testing-xi-mappings-with-detroubulator

<b>2)What is TPZ?</b>

suppose u need to transport ur objects from Development to Quality.Then u will need to export objects from DEv.objetcs will be stored in ur local sys as .tpz file.Again u have to copy this file in to QA local sys and need to import this in QA.

<b>3. What is Exchange Fault Data and Exchange Log Data? & whats its use?</b>

We use Fault message whenever we need to catch some exception.Let me give some example.I have worked in a scenario SOAP to Proxy where I need to send the article no and i will get all the details from R/3..Now my client has given me some cases where we need to catch the exception.

for example

1) R/3 system is down

2) Article not present in the database

2) Article does not exist etc..

In such cases i have to use fault message.If any of the three of above holds i have to get a error message and i will get it via fault message.i mean i will get the response as error message.

<b>4. What is Program ID in RFC adapter?</b>

check here

And look @ this blog

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

<b>5)Communication Template?</b>

u can use communication template if u want to create the Communication channel in ID using Wizard.

regards

BILL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Message deleted