Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handler between SAP and Excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to pass the values from MS-Excel to SAP through handler or i don't know what i will use i am mentioning the requirement below:

I have opened MM01 transaction in backend and i want to pass the material number from Excel sheet means

First i will keen the material number in excel sheet and then if i will press enter or if i will press any command button whatever then i want that value in material number field in SAP??

How to do that.....

reward points for good answers*. Thanks.

Rajneesh Gupta

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

From what I understood,I would propose the following:

save excel as txt file.

Use gui_upload to get the file data from file to an internal table.

And then use any of the BDC methods like call transaction or session method

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajneesh,

I am not quite sure if your requirement is to pass the material number to MM01 only. let me tell you how you can access the Excel cell values from SAP -

1. You can write a piece of code in ABAP for reading the cell values of Excel, ( by means of OLE calls - u can have a look at the transaction OLE for assistance.

2. If you are interested in calling SAP functions from Excel, then you will have to find out a RFC enabled FM for your task and you will call that FM from Excel, for this u need a guy who understands ABAP as well as VBA.

3. Try using Scripting methods in SAP if you want to do it parallelly. (You can refer to http://www.synactive.com for releated docs.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rajnessh,

this might help you :

try using 'ALSM_EXCEL_TO_INTERNAL_TABLE' to get data from excel sheet to SAP, and then you can use BDC to use it for mm01 tcode.

Message was edited by:

ritika malhotra

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

use the 'ALSM_EXCEL_TO_INTERNAL_TABLE' function module to download data into the internal table....

regards

sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the following link:

http://sap-img.com/abap/upload-direct-excel.htm

Regards,

Bhaskar