Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to release PO and run it in mm05?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys!

seems like i always got trouble l8ly..

and now i'm about to ask another silly ques..

how can i release PO and then run it in MM05? Can anyone please guide me with the steps? i never do this before..

thanks,

crimson.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Crimson

Use transaction me29n.

Go To Release Strategy and click on the release option just besides the release code. Your PO will be released.

Regarding MM05, there is no such transaction. Pls specify what you are exactly trying to do.

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rajesh,

it's actually i want to check why the word ammendment appears after run the PO in ZMM05(customize program).

basically after creating the po. we will require to release it. after releasing it we need to run zmm05 to show the username in the po. this is where and how the po ammendment appears. whatever changes done after a po release will be considered as ammendment after the first released but now the problem is every po has been created the ammendment will appear after running zmm05. why?

but i need to know how to release and run the PO first.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For releasing Po use transaction ME28, go to hedaer of purchase order, select TAB release on this tab you can able to release purchase order.After releasing this save .

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Crimson

I cant comment on ur customised transation ZMM05. Pls get in touch with your ABAP consultant he can help you to analyse the program.

But if you want to see the po changes, go to me23n, environment header changes or item changes.

Now since these ammendments are appearing, pls chk the print program used for printing POs. Also check the output in ME9F.

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your help rajesh. just to confirm with you, if we release it,means that we've changed the PO rite? so there should be the amendment word appear on the PO layout rite?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you have released PO it does not mean that you have changed PO.If you want the amendment word appear on the PO layout after release kindly consultant ABAP programmer for that.

I do not understand why u require amendment word on the PO layout when actually u r releasing the PO.

Kindly do come back for further queries

Thanks

suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi crimson

When you release the po the release indicator changes from N to R. This you can see in Header Changes. May be thats why this word ammendment is appearing in you PO.

Just talk to ur ABAP consultant whether he can exclude this change from getting printed. For your informationn Change doc. object is EINKBELEG. You ABAPer should be able to exclude from the ammedments.

Regards

Rajesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For PO release there are two methods

1) Manual release thru ME29N

2) Collectiove release thru transaction ME28

Pls do not underestimate yourself, SAP is like ocean anyone can not know everything, No question is silly question in SAP.

Regards

Kedar Kulkarni

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks kedar.i just wonder if people might bored answering my ques..

now i know i dont need to underestimate myself.everyone's same..