cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service desk configure Dependant messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would anyone know if the following is possible for service desk functionality in SOLMAN 4.0 SP12 and how to configure plse.

I want to create a Global message (Parent) and attach dependant messages to it (I have configured this and it works) BUT when I close the Global message all the dependant messages should automatically close.

I tried doing this via an action profile but when I close the global messages it somehow doesn't seem to close the child calls (i.e. dependant messages).

Your help and opinion would be appreciated.

thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you explain the action that you have defined. May be I can help you out.

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

Under Action profile ZSLFN0001, I created a new action definition called ZSLFN0001_CLOSE_DEPENDENTS. To this I set the following parameters:

Action Settings:

Processing Time = Processing using selection report

Processing times not permitted = No restrictions

Executable in Dialog

Display in toolbox

-

Partner determination for action:

Partner dependent = not checked

Partner function = SLFN0004 (Msg Processor)

-

Action Determination & Action merging:

Determination techinology = Determination using cond. that can be transported.

Rule Type = Workflow conditions

Action merging = Max. 1 Unprocessed Action for Each Action Definition

PROCESSING TYPES:

Permitted processing type of action = method call

METHOD CALL SETTINGS:

Method = COMPLETE_DOCUMENT

My issue is that there is no standard method to perfrom this activity which I can use.

Its funny because in a normal helpdesk scenario there can be multiple calls logged regarding the same problem (e.g SAP SERVER DOWN)

So in the case above a single call can be logged and any subsequent calls reagrding the same problem can be tagged as dependent calls. When the problem is resolved only close the Global call and it should close any dependent calls.

I would expect this to be quite a standard and offered as a standard configurable feature.

Lets see what you come up with?

Thanks for helping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you have to create a new Action Defintion with Processing Type Method.

Use method HF_SET_STATUS.

Create 2 processing parameters.

1: USER_STATUS (ABAP Dict. Data Type = J_ESTAT).

2. PREDOC_STATUS (ABAP Dict. Data Type = J_ESTAT).

For the USER_STATUS choose the status Completed (E00XX). and for the PREDOC_STATUS choose the status Completed (E00XX)

Kind regards,

Remy Piets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remy,

Thanks for your reply. I did implement your suugestion but still the depenedant messages status doesn't chamge once the global message action profile to close dependant msgs is executed.

Let me explain how i'm creating and closing the dependant messages.As you know i have already implemented the functionality of tagging the depenedant msgs to the global msgs.

Once a global message is created I do the following to create a dependant msg:

Open the Global msg

Go to change mode

Click on 'create follow-up trans

Select 'service proc-->dependant msg (this I have configured)

Enter details for dependant msgs and save

This then tags the dependant msg to the Glocal message which i can see when i open the Global message created and select 'Document flow'

I then create a new action profile called 'Close Dependant messages" and to this I assigned a new method (HF_SET_STATUS) as per you recommendation.

The parameters for USER_STATUS = E0008 and PREDOC_STATUS=E0008.

When I open the Global message and execute the action profile the dependant message status still remains 'NEW' with the action executed successfully but the status of the dependant message does not change to CONFIRMED.

Any further ideas?

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is been fixed by adjustments to the method code.