Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Notification Long Text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is there any FM that I can use to update Notification long text? I need to update new long text or append to existing long text. I don't know how to do it through BDC since I need to take the existing text into consideration. Any other way that I can do this?

4 REPLIES 4

gopi_narendra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can make use of the SAVE_TEXT function module to save teh long text

READ_TEXT and EDIT_TEXT and SAVE_TEXT are the fm's related to long text.

Go through the fm's, you can understand, in case of any doubt plz show your code and will try to suggest teh changes

Regards

Gopi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mil,

With notifications things are a bit different and more often than not you will find that the SAVE_TEXT function module will fail to work.

Instead there is a BAPI 'BAPINOTIFADDDATA' (search for the correct name).

This will allow you add the required text.

The call to this BAPI has to be followed by 'BAPINOTIFSAVE*' and then a 'BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT'.

Regards,

Srihari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Long text need the key field value "Name"; in your BDC, if you are planning, then this will be like changin the created records....

Once you have the notification document number, then use SAVE_TEXT FM to populate

make sure you are setting this flag = "X"--> "SAVEMODE_DIRECT"

OR

You can use the USER EXIT for notification at save to create the long text at this point of time you will have notification number. now you should not set the flag

SAVEMODE_DIRECT = ' '

If the hint is useful… Say thanks by reward….

Regards,

Prabhu Rajesh