cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0RECORDMODE issues for LO applications

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working the LO extractors for applications 11, 12, and 13. I am also working with DSO's and 1 InfoProvider and a Multiprovider.

I see that the field 0RECORDMODE is a red X that is not mapped to anything. I also see that ROCANCEL is mapped to 0STORNO.

Is it correct to say that if there are changes to an already existing document numbers such as in sales orders or purchase orders; it is strongly recommend to map 0RECORDMODE onto the delivered ROCANCEL field?

But ROCANCEL is already mapped to 0STORNO for the InfoSources that I am working with. What would 0RECORDMODE be mapped to and what would ROCANCEL be mapped to?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edna,

In Real Time normal scenario ROCANCEL should be mapped to 0RECORDMODE in BW.

As ROCANCEL carries the Change Record information from R/3.

A ROCANCEL Value "X" means Before Image.

A value " " menas After Image

N is New Image

A is additive

D is Delete

R is reverse Iamge

What is 0STORNO used in your BW system for? If not ROCANCEL Should be

mapped to 0RECORDMODE to maintain accuracy of Delta for Applications 11, 12 and 13.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

CK

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Chitrarth,

The 0STORNO has a description of 'Reversal indicator' . On my system the field ROCANCEL is mapped to 0STORNO.

Would it be correct to not map anything to 0STORNO and map the ROCANCEL to 0RECORDMODE?

Will it cause any problem if I don't map the 0STORNO at all?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edna,

It depends on your design.

For ensuring that your delta mechanism works fine, ROCANCEL should be mapped to 0RECORDMODE.

But as you said 0STORNO has a description also as Reversal indicator, i think you should load some test data.

Create some sample data with Key fields as per your ODS definition and then do some changes to this data and load it again and see the values in Change Log table of your ODS.

Change Log table can be seen via ODS>Manage>Content-->Change Log.

Check here what are values of 0STORNO and 0RECORDMODE (before changing mapping in transfer rules).

But again i suggest ROCANCEL should be mapped to 0RECORDMODE, to make sure your Delta works fine.

Hope it Helps.

Thanks

CK

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

0RECORDMODE should be mapped to ROCANCLE instead of 0STORNO. In your update rule, map 0STORNO to 0RECORDMODE that would take care of the issue.

thanks.

Wond