Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

add a new field to field catalog in billing output

Hi Experts

can anyone tell me whether I can add 'item category' to field catalog for application V3. and how can I do this? I want to create an access sequence-bill to party/item category, is that possible?

thanks a lot!

elly

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi elle,

Unfortunately, in standard SAP, outputs for a billing document are driven by partner, sales area, destination region, foreign trade indicator and so on. All these settings are available at the header level of a billing document. If you cannot use any of these fields for determining your output, you need to add your own fields.

In the given situation that you only have item category and AAG to differentiate between the two processes (MFG & Trading), your only option is to add the new field to communication structure.

My apprehension to not to use Item category or any other item level field was because of the reason that a billing document can have multiple item categories and if you use item category to decide your billing output, your code will stuck when SAP encounters more than 1 item category in the document. For such scenarios, i would suggest you to make an assumption with your client that the item category or AAG from the first line item will decide the print output and you make the selection in the code using statement "select single from". This statement will pick up whatever is the first item category from the billing document. Meanwhile, if you can try some other alternatives, may be seperating the billing document types for the two processes.

Thanks

Kapil Sharma

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question