cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lexicographical setting affects EDI output.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Presently Lexicographical is not set in our system, that results in material numbers with <b>Zeros</b> in the EDI output. The receiving party has a problem in dealing with zeros.

The SAP help says Lexicographical cant be set now because some materials exits in the system.

What are all the options available to address this?

Please reply

Regards

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

Any suggestion ? Please reply.

Regards,

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to trim the zeros before it deliverd to thrid party.This is what I did for my project.However what medium you are using? Businees connector ?

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smart !

Thanks for the reply. We are setting up EDI for data transfer.

Is there a need to cleanup the data base to remove zeros?

We are planning to go for single instance for all our other plants. Currently they are on separate instance. Is there any issue in going for single instance because of this leading zeros?

Thanks in advance.

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dun understand, what do u mean by single instance. However what I did is before triggering Idoc, the material master field is trimmed by ABAP program. Then all the leading zeros were trimmed. Let me know if you need more information.

Cheers!

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are setting up the new client and if there are not meny materials

better to clean all tables and set it non-lexo ,this is what i did on my project

If its with the system in use ABAP option for EDI is best

BR

Diwakar

reward if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Thanks for the reply. Currently our singapore system is on a stand alone SAP and same for our other plant in US & Europe.

We are planning for single instance hosting in singapore for our other plants also.

That is what I meant by single instance.

OK, Which setting is preffered than the other one.

1. Lexicographical or

2. Non - Lexicographical.

My view is Non-Lexicigraphical is preferred. Please adveice

Thanks in advance.

Raj

Answers (0)