cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to chnage the row text in report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have a tailored requirement. Kindly help me out. In our report , the rows are defined and it has characteristic Account number ( GL ) . In our report GL we want to change the description of rows ( GL account number ) for non account user. So the report will show different GL description then it has in table SKAT . Can any body tell me where can I change or put a new description for GL (explodable rows in report ) in report painter/writer ? Kindly give hints as I am running out of time and ideas . My boss is becoming mad at this show stopper event.

Thanks in advance

Satya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Under the Keyword/translation tab of the master data, you can maintain translation in different languages. You may choose any language other than English, say e.g Russian, and maintain non account user specific description. Then try to pull this long text for the language Russian.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Plakode

You can change the description of GL for sure. Because in my report it is like that.

The row description in layout can be changed easily too as described by some one here.But if the row block is expandble ( which is my case ) and some GL's description needs to be changed.That's my chalange.The fact of the matter is currently it fetches some desc from skat not all and I am at loss to find out the other place holder for Row line item description.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

I am for sure that you can change the row description from the layout. Check the account description in the table SKB1.

Regards

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

You cannot change the description of the G/L Master directly in the report. If you need a different description you need to maintain the same in the Master only. In the report you can only change the heading of the Row and not the contents of the report, as it comes directly from the table.

Regards

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Goto GRR2, double click on the report. It will show the layout. Click on the row and delete the description and enter description you want and save it.

Assign points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Go to Report Lay out and then Lead column Tab.

Under contents, check Key and description radio button and Automatic.

Assign points if useful.

Regards,