cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install saposcol on standalone DB server

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have both a CI and a standalone db server in my environment. We recently migrated and upgraded from 4.6c to ECC6.0 on new hardware. Windows 2003 and SQL 2005 X64. All is working well except that I don't get a correct entry for the standalone db server when I run OS07.. I understand that I need to install an instance of SAPOSCOL on the standalone DB server and then set up an RFC to it to fix the issue. I've read notes 20624, 371023 and 19227. None of these notes has been updated in some time and refer to older versions of SAP. I need some help on how to install and register an instance of SAPOSCOL on the stand alone DB server without installing an instance of SAP on it.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

blair_towe2
Participant
0 Kudos

Good afternoon, Carl - Here is what we did. We NFS mounted (we use Unix) the /sapmnt/<SID>/exe directory to our standalone database server. This will allow you to start the SAPOSCOL from the standalone database host without doing an installation. I then had to install a SAPCCMSR agent on the standalone database host. Once you have the SAPCCMSR agent running and registered to the SAP instance, you can go to tcode AL15 and select the RFC destination for the SAPCCMSR agent and that will display the tcode OS06 for the database server. It should also add it to the display in tcode OS07 so that from then on you can select it from there.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you need additional details.

Regards,

Blair Towe