cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hirarchies issue ..asp

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys..

In my BW development environment, we have several hierarchies that we wish to transport into QA and PRD environments. When we attempt to transport these hierarchies, only the key comes across, the texts do not. This is causing them trouble when we try to run queries and can only see the key rather than the description.

can anyone help me to solve this ..help will be much Apreciated

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pavel_afanasiev
Contributor
0 Kudos

are these BW or BCS/SEM hierarchies? If they are SEM, check in the workbench that you have the proper components checked off for the transport.

try running UGMDSYNC program to see if you transported data is out of sync

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Pavel

yes they are BCS/SEM Hierarchies.

what kind proper components should be checked off for this kidn of transport ? is this diferent from Normal Transport

pavel_afanasiev
Contributor
0 Kudos

ok, in the workbench (UVWB), select the "Tools" bar.

Under it, you will find Transport -> System Settings -> Replication in SAP BW. Check what you are updating for the three columns: Field Name/Master Data/Hierarchies. You want to have "Overwrite" selected. I am not sure what you are not getting properly transported, but check the Cons PC group, Profit Center, Cons Group, Hierarchy version and node(s).

also, as I was saying before, there is another way of checking if the data was transported, but not synchronized.

Start up SE38

for program name, put in UGMDSYNC and click on execute

on the next screen, don't enter any restrictions, and click on Execute. The output will tell you if you variances between the local system (what was transported) and what is in Prod Now. The settings that I described previously eliminate this "out of sync" issue

by default the tools option might not be displayed in the workbench (we discovered that with our system).

Go to Edit -> Settings

then

Workbench -> Main Navigation -> Views, and make sure that tools has a checkmark

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am in 3.5 and in workbench tools bar i can't find Transport -> System Settings - Replication in SAP BW

but i can see the Hirarchies trasport

can i run that outofsync program in dev or prod ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

pavel

Every time, when we add/change a characteristics (company, cons profit center, cons profit center group, cons group, item ) in the development system, we make the changes in UCWB and create a transport request. There is no master load for these InfoObjects in Development. After I transported the change request into QA and Production, there is no text for the master data ( 0COMPANY, 0BCS_PRCTR, 0BCS_CGPCTR, in the production system.

Do you have any idea how to get the text into the production? There is no infoPackages set up for these InfoObjects in Development system.

also ..

i don't see Transport -> System Settings -> Replication in SAP BW or Go to Edit -> Settings then Workbench -> Main Navigation -> Views

pavel_afanasiev
Contributor
0 Kudos

ok, sorry - I don't know where this setting is in 3.5, as I am on 7

have you tried to do run the sync program?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I FINALLY FOUND IT.

Do i need to do this production unordered to have TEXT displayed in BW?

Where should i run Sync PROGRAM

please let me know if running this in PROD will solve this issue ?

pavel_afanasiev
Contributor
0 Kudos

I can't guarantee that it will solve the issue, but if you have items that are out of sync, you will see them.

by running Transaction SE38, you will be able to run the program:

Start up SE38

for program name, put in UGMDSYNC and click on execute

on the next screen, don't enter any restrictions, and click on Execute. The output will tell you if you variances between the local system (what was transported) and what is in Prod Now. The settings that I described previously eliminate this "out of sync" issue

This will not "blindly" sync your data, but it will display if there are differences between "local" and live systems

good luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very Much . THIS sOLVED THE isSUE

Former Member
0 Kudos

kind of nOT Clear about the concepts.

so this SYNC program will sync with Prod bcs to PROD bi?

or does it do for dev to Prod ? what is this Replicate Process will do ? why we need to Replicate ..?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Load master text for that info object in QA /PRD .

Hope it helps,

Cheers,

Balaji