Did you mean: 

DB Migration Oracle universal installer can't be run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This is our infrastructure:

DB: Oracle 8.1.7

SAP Kernel 46D

We want to upgrade the DB to Oracle 9.2 so we first install Oracle 9.2 and now we want to intall the Patch 9.2.0.7

The problem is that the oracle installer doesn't run!

It gives the following message:

<b>Starting Oracle Universal Installing . . .

No pre-requisite checks found in oraparam.ini, no system pre-requisite checks will be executed.

Preparing to launch Oracle Univeral Installer from C:\DOCUM 1\tvdadm\LOCALS 1\Temp\OraInstall2007-10-08_04-40-18PM. Please Wait...</b>

But it stop. And do nothing.

I found the note <b>833766</b> and try to run this command:

<b>setup.exe -ignoreSysPrereqs</b>

But it didn't run.

Please i need some lights to resolve the problem.

Best Regards,

Desiree Cardenas.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if the long path was not the reason for not running Universal Installer (<i>I had on windows hosts the experience that Universal Installer doesn't start, when the PATH to the software is too long</i>), please check following oracle and SAP notes:

Note:137200.1: <b>Checklist when Oracle Universal Installer (OUI) fails for Windows</b>

Note:413972.1: <b>OUI Failure: OUI Doesn't Come Up When Installing an Oracle Product on Windows Platform</b>

Note:436299.1: <b>Common reasons for OUI failures on the MS Windows platform</b>s

Note:266617.1 :<b>Oracle Universal Installer (OUI) may appear and then disappear on Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4</b>

see also more to Universal Installer in the SAP note:

1026237 - FAQ: OPatch and Universal Installer 10.2

Best regards

Baran

Former Member
0 Kudos

on windows platforms the Path to the Oracle software (for this case patchset) shouldn't be too long, otherweise Installar doesn't start.

how are the environment variables PATH and ORACLE_HOME?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I installed Oracle 9.2 following this:

Database Upgrade Guide

<b>Upgrade to Oracle9i

Version 9.2.0 on Windows

Document Version 1.70 - May 11th, 2004</b>

My ORACLE_HOME is still D:\oracle\<b>TVD</b>\ora817

But the Path Variable was changed to D:\oracle\<b>TVD</b>\920\bin where<b> TVD</b> is my SID.

The Directory Lenght is similar like this:

<b>E:\9.2.0.7.1\setup.exe</b>

Best Regards,

Desiree Cardenas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baran,

I clean my TEMP folder. Try again but nothing...

Best Regards,

Desiree Cardenas

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you don't have access to oracle metalink, please let me know.

Which java version do you have? How is java in PATH Variable set? Is JAVA_HOME set? Do you have another JDK installed?

Check please, if javaw.exe processes are running in the Task Manager.

According to the oracle Note: 413972.1 there can be a reason, if other javaw.exe processes are running

see please the oracle Note: 413972.1 <i><b>OUI Failure: OUI Doesn't Come Up When Installing an Oracle Product on Windows Platform</b></i>

Best regards

Baran

Former Member
0 Kudos

if the other notes don't help, check please also the following notes.

Note:73123.1 : <b><i>Universal Installer Is Hanging and Fails to Install</i></b>

Note:1075227.6: <b><i>ORACLE UNIVERSAL INSTALLER DISAPPEARS FROM THE SCREEN.</i></b>

JAVA or OUI Version conflicts or incorrect environment settings can be reason for that.

Best regards

Baran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!!

I don't have access to Oracle Metalink, but i resolved the problem, with this note:

<b>741361</b> -> Problem when installing Oracle Patch set 9.2.0.x

Basically it was a problem with the DirectX version, we update the version to 9.0 and it finally works!

In any case thanks a lot for your help! It was very useful.

Best Regards,

Desiree Cardenas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Desiree,

Please provide more information on how you are installing oracle. Are you following any installation manual and following the instructions correctly?

Check the space in your temp folder. This usually occurs when temp folder is out of space.

Cheers,

Nisch