cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bex Transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts -

We have a global Bex Transport Req which we never delete. We create a new transport req (non-Bex) and then add the quries there. Before that of course we delete them from the Bex request.

But I accidentally released the global Bex Transport Req. But then I created another Bex transport req and started adding them there. But then I changed those queries and deleted them from the req and added them in a new transport and moved them to prod.

But the queries still look for the original Bex req number. Is there a way I can overcome this problem? I hope I could explain the problem!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

Just curious why you do things the way you are mentioning them...isn't that a lot of work and need to remember stuff? We usually have dev packages for our query objects depending on the InfoProvider they are based on. Before you can change an already transported query (or one assigned to a dev package) you need to assign on open transport request against that package (or the global one as you are using) and then log into BEx and then change the query.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu -

Frankly speaking I'm not sure why we do this the way I mentioned. this is the practice here and I'm just following it. I never got a good answer. Thanks for your response. This will help me. Points assigned

Answers (0)