cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process chain error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have a process chain the flow is from a data source to an ODS to a Cube.

and i get this error right after the ODS activation at Update ODS object data.

Delete init. request REQU_47DAQBNNMGAW8W9HZHNPK89SX before running init. again with same selection

Message no. RSM1188

Diagnosis

If you receive message RSM1 105 as well as this message and you have chosen the automatic mode Automatic Update for the ODS object, it is probable that there are no data targets connected to the ODS object. Therefore the system cannot automatically update data after it has been activated.

System response

After each activation, the system automatically tries to update the data that has been activated to the subsequent data targets. The system generates InfoPackages for this purpose. These check whether a successful initialization has already been performed. If an initialization has already taken place the system tries to update the data with a delta request. If no initialization has yet taken place, the system tries to perform the initialization.

If no data targets have been connected to the ODS object, the system cannot update the data from the ODS object.

This system behavior does not have any effect on the consistency of the data.

Procedure

If no data targets are connected to the ODS object, switch off Automatic Update for this ODS object in the ODS object maintenance or ODS object administration.

Procedure for System Administration

SAP Note 712916 describes the system behavior above.

Please help.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My understanding is the problem happens when the data is loading from ods to cube

as a workaroun remove the Ip and it aonce gain .This time makesure that you are adding full load Ip

cheers,

swapna.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well Kim,you are saying when you are creating the process chain you have selected one Ip and add itin the process chain

are you sure that you have selected full load IP instead delta Ip

and more thing since you have found init flag in red traffic light

my Q is do you have init Ip for the same datasource craeted other than Full Ip

if no,you can go ahead and delete the init falg ,and try

if yes please post for further analysis

cheers,

swapna.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Infopackage settings in Pchains shud have <b>Delta</b> setup in the Update Tad.

Init is only done once.

Check if u hav already done the Init manually...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roberto,

can you plesae be more clear.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can u check if Init is done or no - go to Infopackage - Menu - Scheduler - Initialization for Source System.

Are u loading Full thru Process Chain?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roberto,

i am in the IP under the schedule Tab i do not find anything that says- - Initialization for Source System.

under the update tab the full update is checked. am i looking under the wrong tab?

and yes i am loading Full through process chain. i just created a start variant and then dragged the Info packs in the order of the loads. thats all i havent done much here. and m i missing something? please advice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roberto,

yes i do see a INit nder the menu and it failed(red).

do i have to delete and then execute the process chain again?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ur Pchain shud luk like :

Start

Execute Infopackge ( loads till DSO ) - Full Update

Activate DSO

Delete Index ( Cube )

Execute Infopackage ( loads from DSO to Cube ) - Full Update

Create Index ( Cube )

To check for Init - Open the Infopackage - Top Menu Bar - Scheduler - Initialization Options for Source System - Check if it has already been Initialized with a Green Tickmark shown.

Message was edited by:

Jr Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roberto the order of the load.

1. DS to ODS

2. ODS to itself ( self load)

3. ODS to Cube.

and all these IP have full load in the info package under update Tab.

the DSO load scheduler has a Init for source which is green but date in september.

the self load IP doesnt have anything under scheduler Init for Source(empty).

and when i execute the PC the there is always a scheduler Init for source failure in the Cube Ischeduler. but the IP for this Cube only has a Full load under the Update Tab.

please advice.

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

This error occurs when you re trying to do initalization twice.

Check in your process chain

In any Ip settings , check the update mode is mistakenly set to initialization instead of delta .

In this case every time when the process chain runs it will do initialization for that particular data source instead of delta.

so what happens is since already init falg was present,it will not allow to do one more initialization

please do post the result after your findings!!!!!

cheers,

swapna.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swapna,

There is no Inti load in any of the IP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case if you have ran the init load, before doing any init load we have to delete the previous init req and then do the init again.

Or else

kindly be precise what kind of the load is it to the ODS ( full/ init/ dleta)

Hope this helps

Janadhan Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Janardhan,

te load to the ODS is a full load and aslo the load from te ODS to the cube is also a Full load. i forgot ot mention that there is a self load to the ODS which is again a ful load.

Thanks,