Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFS BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone

I have to do a conversion for AFS BOMs. I found a /AFS/BAPI_MAT_BOM_MAINTAIN to upload the data. When i am trying to use BAPI with LSMW i am unable to see the name of BAPI in the list. Why is that?. So what is the alternative you can suggest for loading AFS BOMs into SAP ECC 6.0.

If some one has came across this can you please share your experience with me.

Cheers

Satya

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

U won't find in the BAPI list (in LSMW) any BAPI which doesn't have "ALE message type". If u wish to find out if a BAPI has it or not, goto transaction BAPI, locate your object (by hirarchy or alphabetical) and click on the method(bapi) u want to check. On the right, in the "Detail" tab u'll see "ALE message type" field. If it says "does not exist" - u won't find it in LSMW, otherwise u can use it in LSMW.

If it really doesn't have ALE message type u have 2 options:

U can write an abap program and in it u can use the BAPI u found (a BAPI is a function u can call like any other function), or u can create ALE message type for your BAPI and use it in LSMW.

In my experience, if u don't have experience with message types, i would pick the 1st option. It's a little more work in writing code but it's quite simple. If u insist on the 2nd option and u want to create the message type, u can do it in transaction BDBG, also go to <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/4c/4c0e9c725311d396a80004ac96334b/frameset.htm">Generating the BAPI-ALE Interface</a> for more details.

Hope this helps, pls award points if it does.

Good luck

Igal

0 Kudos

Igal

Thanks for your information.

As you said i tried looking for BOM standard BAPI in the BAPI transaction and in the "detail" it shows "does not exist", but still i am able to see the BAPI in LSMW.

I will give you partial points when this thread is closed.

Regards

Satya

0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

I'm sorry but i think u've got something wrong.

To get things straight: we are talking about the 1st step in LSMW - "Maintain Object Attributes", and in the frame "Object Type and Import Methods", near the 3rd radiobutton ("Business Object Method(BAPI)") u hit F4 in the field "Business Object" and get the list of possible BAPIs.

If u did the same, the only BAPI of BOM I found there is BUS1080 - Material BOM (I'm using ECC 5, if u have 6 maybe there are more objects added). If u chose this business object, hit F4 on the next field ("Method") and u'll get "CREATEBOMGROUP". Now we go to transaction BAPI and look for this object. I found it through the alphabetical tab, the object there is written "MaterialBOM" (i know it's the right one because when i stand on it i can see in the "detail" tab the field "Object type" contains "BUS1080"). U'll see it has 2 methods (the ones with the icon of blue and red wheels). One is "CreateBomGroup", which when u click it u'll see in "detail" tab that the "ALE message type" contains "MATERIALBOM_CREATEBOMGROUP" - which is exactly what was written in the LSMW in the "method" field and it means that this is the BAPI that u found in LSMW, and the second is "ExistenceCheckBomGroup" which when u click it u'll see in "detail" tab that the "ALE message type" contains "Does not exist" which means it doesn't appear in the LSMW list.

I don't know in which one u were looking before (or maybe u r using ECC 6 and they've added objects) but I'm still quite sure I'm right...

By the way, the link I put there is an official SAP help, so even if u're not sure i'm right - just follow their instructions and when u're all done u can go and check again in LSMW....

All the best

Igal

0 Kudos

Igal

As you said i went through alphabetical tab there i couldn't see "MaterialBOM" but i can see "AFSMATERIALBOM" in which i can see 2 methods (the ones with the icon of blue and red wheels). One is "CreateBomGroup", which when i click on it i can see the "detail" tab that the "ALE message type" contains "Does not exist" and this is same for the second

"ExistenceCheckBomGroup" which when i click on "detail" tab that the "ALE message type" contains "Does not exist"

By the way i am using ecc 6.0

Thanks

Sateesh