cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KE5Z:Profit Center actual line items report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

Points available. I need some clarification on the following issue.

I just ran tcode KE5Z. In my report I see that any posting to any of my COGS accounts are flowing to a Dummy Profit Center that I created previously. My question is this: <b>Do/should postings to COGS typically hit a Dummy Profit Center?</b>

Or is there something wrong in my config?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Best way of checking is take your Hierarchy and identify all the COGS acounts and check whether all the accounts are having the default cost centers maintained in T Code OKB9. Whereever there is no default Assignment is maintained it will go by default to Dumy Profit Center.

3KEH is maintained only for B/S Items.

Regards

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sridhar,

Thanks for your response. I looked at OKB9 and the COGS account <u>is</u> pointing to a default Cost center. But no default profit center is assigned in OKB9 for the same COGS account. <b>Is that why all the postings are defaulting to the Dummy Profit center?</b>

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. That is the reason why those are flowing to dummy profit center. Assign a porfit cneter to cost center in Cost center master data (KS02). Then it will flow properly to desired profit center

Assign points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the cost center master record.

It will need a Profit Center in there.

If there is no Profit Center it will post to the dummy profit center.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to define the default Profit Center in the Cost Center master, then it will flow to the correct Profit Center.

Regards

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your FSG to make sure the COGS have got Cost Centers.

Check that your cost centers are linked to Profit Centers

Check 3KEH to see if there are any default entries posting in.

Check your MM config/ account assignment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

Thanks for your response. I did not understand your first point regarding checking the FSG (field status group). <b>Where you referring to OBC4?</b> I checked there and the Cost center field is checked as Optional.

3KEH has no entries at all.

Quick question for you: <b>Is what I seeing in 5KEZ correct? Or is the COGS not supposed to be posting to a Dummy Profit Center?</b>

Thanks!