Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard IDoc error ..how to correct it.??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

IDoc Types ORDERS05. , message type ORDERS.

processing program is Std FM. <b>IDOC_INPUT_ORDERS</b>.

When the partner sends the P.O. Box zip code in bill to , instead of the physical address zip code. I.e (In Physical address zip code (PSTLZ) field he is entering value of PO box zipcode.) This is creating problem and erroing IDOC.

We are manually correcting this every time.

How can I fix this problem, the program should look at the zip code in IDoc segment and match it against the physical zip code and P.O. box zip code and should pick the right one.

How Can I do that ?? please let me know. Is there any userexit for it ???

Regards

Venkat.

When zip code sent is PO BOX zip but this is changed to physical address zip and processing creating problem, How can I solve this issue.

please let me know

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try with customer-function in SE37 ( IDOC_INPUT_ORDERS).

if not try it and you will get many user exits.

Thanks

Seshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the error you are getting? Is it invalid format of the zipcode or is it the zipcode that is not valid for the physical address and when you we manually correct it, what do you do?

The best place to manipulate the incoming data is in user exit EXIT_SAPLVEDA_001 which is called during the interpretation of the segments. But since this user exit is called after each segment, you will have to be careful as to how you code (specific to the segment in question, only once or more etc).