cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budgeting and Integrated Planning? General Info and advice?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have a series of reports that I am working with a team on. Each of these reports contains historical figures (going back month by month for at least 2 years). Each report also contains Budgeted figures as well as a variance calculation.

I would like to ask you if you can any quick summarizing description for how to generated budget figures using Integrated Planner?

Thanks so much!

Kind regards,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you get budgeted figures from a non-BI source ( for example SAP R/3 FI & CO modules), then you just have to build reports in BI.

If you wish to build budgetting in BI, then it involves a series of tasks and configurations.

Ravi Thothadri

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is better to go with characteristic data model ( one key fig for actual and budget) but distinguish by a char usually value type.

Value type 10 will denote actual, 20 budget and so on.

Ravi Thothadri

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree,

To distinguish between actual and plan data use a characteristic and not a key figure. Also note that for performance reasons it is better to store the actual and plan data in seperate infocubes and create a multi-provider on top of it (reading on a real-time cube is not that performant compared to a cube for actual data!)

D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much for your help.... Can you clarify a basic modelling question about budget data?

Say I have actual sales revenue and budget sales revenue (coming from my planning system) can I create one infocube with key figures for actual sales revenue an budget sales revenue? Or do I just create one key figure for sales revenue and then have some kind of flag to point to actual or budget master data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) create a real-time cube

2) in case actual data needs to be displayed as well for reference, include this cube into a mult-provider

3) create an aggregation level containing all the relevant characteristics and key figures for planning (to be done in the planning modeler -> transaction RSPLAN)

4) create a filter for your query restricting both actual and plan data. (planning modeler)

5) create a query based on the aggregation level, used the filter defined in 4 and make sure your plan keyfigures always have unique values (for exampel period 1 - 12 in one key figure is not plannable, because system does not know which period to post to). In other words, all characteristics which are not in the leading columns, should have a unique value (via the filter, or using restricted key figures).

6) create a workbook with your planquery, add some buttons, like save and start planning

D