cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Invoice reference" in F-28 when I create CN refer more than one invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SD Expert,

I have a problem when I create credit memo with refer more than one invoice. "<b>Invoice reference</b> (when I make payment with Transaction Code F-28 are contain only one invoice). My situation is:

I have two invoice; that are,

Invoice number: 100001

And Invoice number: 100002

I have create a credit memo with refer to two above invoice by

$100 for invoice 100001

And $200 for invoice 100002

Thus, my credit memo will have a value equal $300

<b><u>

My problem is:</u></b> when I make "<b>Payment with transaction code F-28</b>". Only one invoice is showing in "<b>Invoice reference filed</b>" with value equal $300. <u>System is missing in refer my second invoice</u>. And it is very hard for user for making payment.

Anyone please feel free to suggestion

<b><u>P.S.</u></b>

If I push "F1" on this field, it has message as following

<i>"A special rule applies to credit memos which have a "V" in this field. The due date is determined in the same way as for an invoice. If the field is empty (containing neither a document number nor a "V") the due date is the baseline date for payment</i>."

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pracha,

Unfortunately there is no solution as such for your issue. SAP is designed that way. For your clarifications, let me explain you how things happens in the background in SAP when you post the billing document in accounting.

When an accounting entry for a billing document is posted, SAP posts the revenue entry as individual line items but the offset entry into the customer account is posted as a single line item by combining all the revenue, discounts, surcharges and tax lines from the billing documents. This is the standard design of SAP.

Also, if you see the copy control for a billing document, you will find that the fields for assignment and reference are available at the header level, so the value is captured for the reference and assignment field at the billing document header level and is thus transferred to the header level in accounting document.

Hope this clears the understanding.

You might use some user exits to breakup the posting of customer account into multiple lines but i would not recommend that as it will create a big mess in the customer GL report.

The only remedy i would suggest you is not to combine the documents to create a single accounting entry.

Thanks

Kapil Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kapil,

Thank you very much for you suggestion. Umm! look like, I can't do anything about it. But I just wonder the following message when I push "F1" on that filed. Dose any configure (about special rule "V") will help? Anyways, I still have no idea where to configure it?

<i>"A special rule applies to credit memos which have a "V" in this field. The due date is determined in the same way as for an invoice. If the field is empty (containing neither a document number nor a "V") the due date is the baseline date for payment"</i>

Thanks,

Prach

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prach,

That message refers to the payment due date determination. In case of credit note with reference to an invoice or subsequent invoice generation for an invoice document, the payment terms are copied over from the referenced document and that decides the due date for the credit note. In other cases, the due date is decided just like it is decided for an invoice.

Thanks

Kapil Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Kapil,

I agree with your comment. Look like I have no choice. My users have to create CN which can refer only an invoice.

Thanks for your suggestion,

Prach

Answers (0)