cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re:- Converting Dialog instance to central instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We have got up in an urgent situation where by our central SAP instance (SAP 4.6c) need to be down for 2 weeks for Hard ware maintenance .

My question is whether we can <u>convert</u> <u>one of our Dialog instance</u> Appl server running on another machine <u>to Central instance server</u>.

If possible , could you please advise me on the steps.

Appreciate your help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This can be done but it will probably be a messy process. The first thing would be to make sure you have a backup copy of all of your profiles and environment programs (usually under /home/[SID]adm).

In general you may have to:

- Create a local copy of the profiles on the new CI and share back out to the remaining app servers

- Modify the DEFAULT profile to set the system as the new CI

- Make any needed modifications to the START and instance profiles

(you might want to check the profile settings in the home directory for [SID]adm.

I don't know if this helps but should at least provide some idea of the work that will be involved.

Thanks,

J. Haynes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajendran,

Don't you have a cluster in place ?

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Were is your DB installed ? Is it installed on the central instance or in a different system?

If your DB is also in the same server , i think the best idea would be doing a system copy . What system is it , I dont think its going to be a Production system .. lol

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Appreciate your response.

Ours is SAP 4.6C running on HP-UX /Informix 7.31 DB.

It is a Prod system.

We have 3 Appl server including central instance.

Database in installed on another machine.

Appreciate your expert advice on how to convert Dialog instance to Central instance without re installing.