cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Variant Configuration and iPPE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Can anybody tell me the difference between the Variant Configuration and iPPE(Integrated Process and Product Engineering).

Thanks,

Rajesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Rajesh

When Variant Configuration used - an enterprise does not have to create a seperate model for each variant of a product.Rather all the variants can be modelled in one configurable material. A super BOM and super task list are created for this material. The super BOM and super task list create all the components and activities required to produce all the variants.

Whereas iPPE in one step ahead to support the highly integrated product development process for multivariant repetitive manufacturing products- means u can enter and further process master data of multivariants products in a model for engg and production.

ENJOY SAP PS.

Regards

PP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pratap,

Can you tell me what are all the roles i need to add to work on iPPE.

regards,

rajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Rajesh

The SAP standard system have the following user profiles:

S_ASTACT (Process Structure)

Part of the S_PPEALL profile; calls up a process structure as an application tree in the detail area of the iPPE Workbench Professional.

S_ASTCMP (Product Structure)

Part of the S_PPEALL profile; calls up a product structure as an application tree in the detail area of the iPPE Workbench Professional.

while creating the user profile - settings for relationship , model definition . environment , reports.

u can try using the Process and Product profile in IDES as I am exploring on iPPE.

is this iPPE scenario going to use in SAP PS or in cProjects.

ENJOY SAP PS.

Regards

PP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prathap

If u have any documents on the custmoziation and steps to use iPPE, please share with us mepeerless@yahoo.co.in

Thanks

Murali