cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Maintaining Asset with Sub-numbers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I need some assistance in maintaining assets with sub-numbers. I tried creating one and posting to it, but I am getting some problems:

- the main asset # does not have any value, should this not be this a sum of the sub-assets?

- how do I get the sub-numbers to depreciate independently according to their acquisition dates? meaning that a sub-asset with 5 years life should depreciate for 5 years regardless of the gap between it's acquisition and that of other sub-numbers for the same asset.

- the reports to show asset by asset # shows the sub-numbers, is there any way to get them to show just the main number?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nadia,

The Asset Subnumber together with the main asset number, uniquely identifies a fixed asset in Asset Accounting.

Using the asset sub-number, you can:

Provide for separate management of later acquisitions to assets.

Represent complex fixed assets with their component parts.

In contrast to the main asset number, the asset sub-number must be numerical.

the Main Asset will always have the subnumber as "0", which uniquely identifies that it is the Mainasset.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you're looking at an asset value display the main numbers will only appear if they have values. Otherwise, the asset master record is just a blank shell -- you can get a list of those by running the "unposted assets" report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nadia

In the report s_alr_87011994 itself there will be three radio Buttons:

1. List Assets: It will list Assets and their main numbers separately

2. ..or Main Numbers only: This will sum up all the values relating to each Asset Main Number and the relevant Sub-Numbers and show the values (APC Value, Accumulated Depreciation etc) under the Main Number itself;

3. ... Or Group Totals only: This will summarize the Asset Values Asset Class Wise;

I presume it is the 2nd Radio Button (... Or main Numbers only) which will meet what you are looking for. Most of the Asset related Standard Reports contain these three radio Buttons.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I tried that radio button on the s_alr_87011994 report, but the asset does not appear in the report. it is being treated as an 'unposted' asset. If I run the report showing the list of assets then I get the components.

Is there any other way?

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Nadia,

- the sub asset is a completely separate asset, it has not much to do with the main asset (expcet the same main number)

- should not be a problem, one sub asset has nothing to do with other sub asset (similarly to main asset)

- which report? from any ALV list you can remove. On the other hand these are separated assets, so it is nice to see the sub-number

hope this helps

ec

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric

- In viewing the asset in the asset explorer the value for the main asset # is nil, from what you are saying this is normal?

- Thanks, is this automatic or do I have to set it this way?

- the transaction # is s_alr_87011994, I would want to see them separate as well, but it may be convenient at times just to have one value, apart from exporting the report to Excell and totalling there is there a way to do this directly in SAP?

Thanks

Nadia

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

- if I understood you right, you expect that the value of the main asset is sum of the values of the sub assets. This is not so, these are independent assets

- automatic

- you can do summarization on main number level, you can set this up by chnaging the ALV layout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric

- Thanks

- Thanks

- I tried that but the asset is not showing up in the list, if I select 'list assets' the components show up, but with 'main numbers' the asset is not shown at all.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

-Done

-Done

-For the sub asset to be shown, Use the ALV report, as you're using with List Assets, then

select the Asset (Number) Column and take the Sub Totals of the assets, it would show the Main along with the Sub Assets.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Award points if useful.