Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

file adapter

Hi

I have a scenario with file adapter on the receiver side. File size is very big (80MB+) and is to be picked by third party system. This third party system is picking the file before it is completely written and cusing error. So I am thinking as

third party system picks the file only with particular file name....so keep file name with someother name before writing and change to orginial name to be able to pick by thrid party system. Is it possible ?? how to fulfil this rek ??

Thanks

kumar

Former Member
Former Member replied

There is a feature in the file adapter... under the File Construction Mode parameters.

Quote from SAP Help:

<i>Under Write Mode, specify whether the target file is to be written directly in the specified directory.

If an additional step is to be added using a temporary file, choose Use Temporary File.

You can specify a naming schema for the temporary file under Temporary File Name Schema. This schema is used to determine the prefix and extension of the temporary file; to ensure a unique file name, the message ID is also added to the name during processing.</i>

Hope this helps

Cheers

Manish

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question