cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send work item?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can any one please tell me how to send work item ? will it be through the use of user decision or through the activity task? moreover where to provide the description and the subject of the work item?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you mean by "send the work item"?

If you mean "send information to a user that there is a work item waiting to be executed", read the FAQ and/or search this forum for RSWUWFML2.

If you mean "send the work item to the correct recipient", your best choice is to learn how to use rules and set possible agents. Read the FAQ and/or search the forum or SAP documentation at <a href="help.sap.com">help.sap.com</a>.

If you mean something else, then please try again to explain what you are trying to do.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can mention the agents in the step as well as task. Generally you mention it in the Step level. You can mention rule,Expression Position and Org Unit. Regarding description you can mention in the task as Workitem Text. In the step level you can mention in the Title level. Please check standard workflow WS20000050. It is helpful.

<b>Reward points if useful</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Arghadip,

But my requirement is to provide description abou the work item and also from whom it is sent and date.So where will I include these? Moreover if I use the work item in activity column it will not wait for the user decision.How do I handle this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The requirment is bit vague for me

If you want to know who had executed the previous task then you can do a binding WI_ACTUAL Agent to a Container element in Workflow and use it. The binding should be in the previous step.

In the task description part you can insert description whatever you wish. You can write code also like SAP Script.

<b>Reward points only if useful</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arghadip,

I used SAP Script like logic in a task description several years ago, but have be unable to track down my documentation regarding the syntax to do so. Can you direct me to some documentation or perhaps provide an example of a dynamic task description?

Regards,

Hal Fairless

hal.fairless-nr@raytheon.com