cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy report grops

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

Is there a way i can copy report groups from one library to other library or copy whole librabry?

This is kind of urgent

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To answer your 2nd question, you can copy one Library to another. Go to GR21, give the new library and give the copy from Library and save.

Regards

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

I tried all ways but as u said the report groups are not able to be transfered. They are specific to library. The sitatuion is we have some reprots that were created in 8A2 library. I need to copy these custom reports groups to new library say ZUS. To use GR21, it is not allowing me to copy as 8A2 is standard library. Is thera any way we can do it.

former_member188826
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your ZUS also assigned to GLPCT table?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It will allow to copy the Library. Are you trying in Production? Then there might be some security issue. Try it in Development or Quality. I had done this before using T Code GR21. I had copied the 8A2 Ledger only.

Regards

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sridhar,

Yes. It is assigned to GLPCT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey sridhar,

Thanks for the help. The new library ZUS is already created and have couple of reportds groups in it. GR21 will allow to copy to a new library but not to exisiting one. Does this mean i need to create a new library or can i do something?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PV,

You cannot overwrite the existing library with someother library. You can only make changes to the existing Library using T code GR22. You can only make a copy of a Library.

Regards

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey sridhar,

I am able to copy through GR21 to a new library from 8A2. how can i pull in all the report groups and reports into the new library. It just created new library.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since both the Library are in "GLPCT", you copy the reports from one Library to another using T Code GR31. But remember you cannot copy the reports if both the libraries are using different Tables.

Regards

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey sridhar,

Thanks for that. I copied from GR31. ALll i did is entered the final library, report name and copy from 8a2 and report name. i hit enter and saved it. but when i go back to grr3 i dont see any reprots in the new library. do i need to do anything else.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you saved the report? Have you got the message report is saved?Check using T Code GR33.

Regards

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes. it got saved and i am able to see it in gr33. still i am not able to see it in new library. do i need to do any thing with general data selection or header or any thing else? i think i need to assign it to new report group. again i want to use the same report group naming convention as in 8a2. i don think it is possible.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PV,

If the 2 reports are within the same Library, then you can copy. Otherwise you cannot copy the same from one Library to another Library. Report Groups are Library specific.

Regards

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi PV,

Pls check this if helps u out

U can copy the models that u have creted from GRR9

Export model from GRR7

Ranjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes - you can use GR57/GR58 (Export/Import) Report groups.