SAP TechEd Discussions
Join the conversation around SAP TechEd! Discuss details of technical sessions and workshops and anything else conference related.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query regarding certification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to appear for SAP - Certification exams seperately than through SAP tech-ed ?I am having all the required criteria needed for appearing the certification exams.

But,due to some reason,I may not able to be attend the exam during December month.If I want to attend the exam in January begining is it possible?

Please provide some suggestions.

Thanks and Regards,

Kumar S

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could any one of you please answer the following query?

Is it possible for a Person with required eligibility to appear for a certification exam anytime in a year?

If so,what would be the frequency of exams conducted?If we want to enroll/appear for those certification exams what are the Procedures involved?

What would be the approximate cost?

Do you have any link to this?

Thanks in Advance.

Best Wishes,

Kumar S.

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could any one of you please answer the following query?

Is it possible for a Person with required eligibility to appear for a certification exam anytime in a year?

If so,what would be the frequency of exams conducted?If we want to enroll/appear for those certification exams what are the Procedures involved?

What would be the approximate cost?

Do you have any link to this?

Thanks in Advance.

Best Wishes,

Kumar S.

0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Yes this is possible that you can attend certification exam in person if you qualify all the certification criteria mentioned by SAP. Frequency of exam depends on the claender. It not pre-planned in much advance. Once there are enough number of people are registered for certification accordingly they decide the date. Once you register for the certification they will send you a list of date and will ask for your confirmation on the available date for the same.

Regarding the procedure please check the SAP Certification information:

http://www.sap.com/services/education/certification/levels.epx

Approximate cost is around INR 22500/ for associate level exam. All the info related to SAP certification is mentioned here and if you want more clarification on it please write a mail to the link given there on the bottom of the page as Contact SAP.

Regards,

Subhasha

0 Kudos

Hi Subhasha,

It would be great if you answer this query too.

Is it possible to appear for an exam in another technology than what he is working?

For Example:Is it possible for a person working in ABAP programming mostly can appear certification exam in SD functional module exam?Or He can only appear for ABAP programming only and not for SD functional module exam.

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Kumar S.

0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

As I know SAP requires knowledge in the same area for which you are applying for the certification. If you attend the training program by SAP for the particular module for e.g. SD then you will be aligible for the certification for the same. Or you can check the website for Pearson VUE thru which you can appear in the SAP certification.

http://www.pearsonvue.com/sap/

Regards,

Subhasha

0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no <i>requirement</i> that an individual be working in a particular application or function in order to be eligible to sit for a given certification exam.

However, it is much more likely that an individual will successfully pass the exam if they are immediately familiar with the topic.

Thank you,

Richard Strattner

0 Kudos

Hello Richard,

I had read it somewhere that people who are having implementation exp on the particular application can appear for the given certification. I do not remember where I read it, so I tried searching for the link but incidently not able to get where I read it.

Anyways thanks fro the clarification. It is a good info that exp on particular application is not required for the appearing on the same application certification.

Thanks for the info.

Regards,

Subhasha

0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Kumar S.

0 Kudos

hi subhash

apart from seimens and genovate who charge 3lacs-can u clarify on e-larning. i Have functional exp in FICO for 1.8years. my frnds suggsted e-learning as the fee for that is low

plz suggest-urgent

0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

You can go though the e-Learnings for the required modules and after finising it you can appear for the certification exam. I think nowadays these complete e-Learning is provided thru SAP e-Academy where you will have server access also if there is any hands-on required.

As these are e-Learnings it is having less fees compared to the classroom sessions.

Regardsm

Subhash

0 Kudos

Hi friends.

greetings for the day.

this is Prashant.I have around 3 years of wrking exp in General ABAP....for certification Siemen's HR people suggested me to go for XI(exchange Infrastructure) certifaication rather than General ABAP.....so i have no idea about scope and benifits of SAP XI .plz suggest me if ON-LINE training in SAP XI would be good choice for me or not.....bcoz i have planned to do this certification by taking education/personal loan....so i thought to take suggestions from you b4 taking a huge loan.

need your valuable suggestions.

thnx

Prashnat Tiwari