Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software component

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we installed PI 7.0 ,we starting everthing from scratch .

after i loginti IR and when i click on import SWCV it showing many SWCv in a window as i didnt created anything up to now.

My question is what all thses SWCV for is there any SWCV's have to import intio IR before i start i start to dev interfaces.

could anyone suggest me regarding this.

Regards

Rao

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

manish_bhalla2
Contributor
0 Kudos

For more info, refer the to following SAP Help topics:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/9c/7a973ca83a4601e10000000a114084/frameset.htm">Importing Software Component Versions</a>

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/42/ed903cf6c4492ce10000000a114084/frameset.htm">Software Component Versions</a>

Cheers

Manish

manish_bhalla2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

When you click on the Import SWCV, it will give you a list of all the SWC's present in the SLD.

If you want to create your own interface objects, you need to first create a SWC in the SLD and then import it into the IR. You should also import the SAP BASIS SWC, as this contains the metadata for all the adapters.

Cheers

Manish

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I know i have to create SWCV first in SLD .but is there any default SWC that to import into IR from that list..

one more thing there lots of SAP BASIS SWCV with diff versions.

which i have to import..

Thanks for your time.

Regards

Rao

manish_bhalla2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should import the SWC - SAP BASIS becasue this has all the adapter metadata, and you will need that to define communication channels in the ID. Import the latest version that you can find.

Cheers

Manish

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Manish ,

Thanks for u r response but here i can c 13 SAP basis SWCV with diff versions from 4.0A to 7.10..

i am asking which one i have to import.

one more doubt is this SAP BASIS swcv is mandatory to import..

Thanks for your time..

Regards

Rao

manish_bhalla2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you must import that else you will not be able to work with the adapters.

Check the installed version of the SAP_BASIS component. To do this, log onto the ABAP stack of the XI system, then go to the menu System->Status and in the box SAP System Data, click on the button next to Component Version.

Import the same version into the IR.

Cheers

Manish

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

sorry to ask u again but from where i can logon into ABAP stack..

manish_bhalla2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

This is done via the SAP GUI.

Cheers

Manish

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

ohhhhhhhhh k.

mainish I imported that one but nothing is there in that SWCV.

i remeber in the SAP BASIS SWCV we can c BPMM patterns.

But here i couldnt c anything .....

Regards

Rao

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

Manish one more thing after importing SWCV is there is anyway that we can delete that swcv..

if yes could tell me the steps to delete in details..

Regards

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you will have to delete all the dependent objects of the swcv first and then douple click on the swcv and then from menu options you can delete it

Nikhil

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Nikhil....

manish_bhalla2
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you can't see anything in there, import the latest version (710).

Regards

Manish

former_member240483
Contributor
0 Kudos

7.1 also not showing anything .do i have to do any configuarations to get the data into SWCV

manish_bhalla2
Contributor
0 Kudos

You might need to re-import the CR content in the SLD. Refer to this Note: <a href="https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/669669">SAPNote 669669 - Updating the SAP Component Repository</a>

Cheers

Manish