cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to IDoc ( sequential processing )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need a clarification for one of my scenario..

The scenario is about PO create, PO change and PO del. We receive a flat file with all the above mentioned in the same file in any order.. But we need to ensure that we <b>post and process all of them in sequence as we receive from the file</b>..

We need to consider the performance even. Please suggest on how to go ahead with this..

Thanks in advance..

Rgds,

Yuva.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

raja_thangamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use the Program RSEINB00 to create the Inbound Docs from File. THis program reads the data from Unix directory. So you can place the file AL11.

Also you use Program RBDAPP01 to post the IDoc in case of above program didnt do the posting.

Let me know if you need more detail.

<b>*Reward each useful answer</b>

Raja T

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for reply.

Am not clear in the concept you are saying.

Let me give more details abt the scenario.

XI gets the flatfile form the legacy with PO create/change/delete, were it maybe in any order.

Maintaining the order in XI for pickup and sending the IDOC is not a problem, but in R/3 how to confirm processing order as it receives.

plz help.

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The simplest (possibly only feasible) solution is to make it sequential in XI, i.e. break up the input into individual orders (one IDoc per order), and don't process the next order IDoc until the current IDoc has completed successfully. You run the risk of constructing a really bad bottleneck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kjetil,

hope its the only way, but I am still confused how to make the processing wait until the previous IDOC is finished processing... Is it possible using BPM? or anyother way?

please let me know if someone had faced this kind of situation....

KKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not familiar with XI, but as far as I know there is a response from SAP when an IDoc is received for processing. Perhaps not synchronous, but that shouldn't be a problem, you should be able to wait for that just like a workflow can wait for a terminating event that is not synchronous.