cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alpha Conversion Issue error msg RSAR 196

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am facing problem of Alpha Conversion with infoobject 0CUSTOMER.0CUSTOMER has data type CHAR and length 10 with Alpha Conversion. Source System is R/3 and target system is BW 7.0.There is no any routine in Transfer Rules related to Alpha Conversion.

I am getting below error msg RSAR 196 in Monitor-

Diagnosis

The system checked whether the loaded InfoObject value conforms to the conversion exit. The check failed.

For example:

The value '1' was loaded into an InfoObject with alpha exit, even though the value '0000000001' was expected.

System Response

The load process has failed or the erroneous records are displayed in the monitor. This does not depend on how error handling is set up.

Procedure

Find out why the data does not conform to the conversion exit, and, if

possible, correct the cause. Possible causes are errors in BI Content or

an error in a customer exit in the source system.

If you cannot correct the problem, you have the option of removing the

conversion exit on the InfoObject. However, since the system has already

been converted, duplicates appear in the system again.

Question: how can i identify and solve this discrepancy.

Warm Regards

Amit Rajput

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

OSS note 651114, 680204, 769155 might be relevant.

Note 598691 describes the same situation it seems

Reason and Prerequisites

Additional checks are active in a BW system following a successful ALPHA conversion. The aforementioned error message is issued if the system tries to supply an InfoObject that has a conversion routine (ALPHA, for example) with an inconsistent value with regard to this routine.

This error often occurs if an InfoObject with a conversion routine is supplied from a field without a conversion routine. Above all, this is relevant for extractions from SAP systems because the assigned conversion exit for a transfer structure field is already specified after the DataSource replication. The conversion exit can be assigned manually in the case of transfer structures that were created "manually" (FlatFile or XML, for example).

If the error occurs, note 559763 describes how you can use an indicator to automatically execute the conversion exit for the InfoObject in the transfer rules for this field.

The solution attached below helps you to find out where else this InfoObjectfield combination is used (that is, in which transfer rules) so that you can also manually set the indicator there as a precaution.

<b>Solution</b>

The RSAR_ALPHA_CHECK database view which permits the aforementioned where-used list is delivered with the Support Packages specified below. You can use transaction SE16 to display the data for this database view.

Here you can use the following fields for a practical selection:

IOBJNM = InfoObject name for the communication structure

FIELDNM = field name for the transfer structure

CONVEXIT_IO = InfoObject conversion exit (optional)

CONVEXIT_FIELD = Conversion exit for the transfer structure field

(this field is optional, it may be used to determine assigned fields WITHOUT conversion exits).

The TRANSTRU field now displays the affected transfer structures in the output list. The TRANSTRU field is composed of the following:

<DataSource name>_<TSPREFIX from table RSBASIDOC>. The source system assigned to this TSPREFIX is in the SLOGSYS field of the RSBASIDOC table.

Note that transfer structures are not displayed for hierarchy DataSources.

Hope this resolves

Regards

Karthik

Assign points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Kartik for the reply.

But I am facing problem for some customer number not for all. For remaining customer its updating correctely.The source field in R/3 is KUNNR (table KNA1) having datatype CHAR and length 10 witch is similar to 0CUSTOMER in BW. Both field have ALPHA conversion setting and no code is written anywhere.

For Exam.

For some customer its showing error RSAR 196.I checked the data in PSA and I found that erroneous records are like '1653' but when I checked same customer in KUNNR I found it like '0000001653'. Correct records in PSA are present with appended zero as present in KUNNR ('0000003137'-in KUNNR and '0000003137'-BW).

Please tell me the reason and solution for this discrepancy it would be very helpful for me.

Thanks

Amit

Answers (0)