Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am very much new to SAP b1.

i wanted to know tcodes used in sap b1. Also is there a way i can find the tables related to sales order like the table SE11 in SAP R/3 gives information of all the tables.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

john_treweeks
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kreddy,

If you go to: View> System Information. This then turns on a feature whereby when you hover over a field in SAP Business One, along the status bar appears the system information about where this field is stored. For instance, hovering over a sales order customer code shows: ORDR, CardCode. This is that the BP code is stored in the table ORDR and the field name is cardcode.

I am presuming by "tcodes" you are refering to table codes. In which case the above should help you find any table by hovering over fields. an alternative is to use the Query Generator which lists all the tables.

Does that help?

Regards

John Treweeks

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for you reply.

do we need SDK to have the query generator?

RIght now i am using the evaluation version. i dont see a query generator.

can you also give me instructions how to use a query generator.

john_treweeks
Participant
0 Kudos

You <b>do not </b>need SDK for query generator. Query Generator is found in the Reports section. There are two options for queries. Query Generator and Query Wizard. I utilize both really but some find it easier to use one rather than the other. Also if you want to write a query from scratch, just open query generator and click execute. You will then want to click on the pencil to edit the code and write from blank.

regards

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats good enough John.

But to write a query dont i need to have knowledge on the tables and fields used in b1. Do u have a document for that.

I am sorry if i am bugging you with questions.

john_treweeks
Participant
0 Kudos

No Problem.

By using the query generator, you select first the table, then the fields you want. this then builds the query for you.

all you then need to know are the tables and fields of where the data you want is stored. To do this, use the View System Information, and hover over the fields that i spoke of earlier. Does this make sense and does it work? can you do the following:

1. Load a sales order

2. click view> system information

3. hover over the following fields:

a) BP code

b) Item code

c) Item Description

d) document number

e) posting date

4. after each hover select the info found on the status bar on the query generator

5. click execute

If you struggle with any part of this example please post where you struggled and i will explain where you are going wrong (hopefully!)

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

that information was very valuable. I appreciate your help.

I have few more questions can we have a chat on messenger it will be nice.

Answers (0)