cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message control in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a requirement in which i need to make some messages as error messages message no. 047 (BBP_PD) as error message . Now in SPRO setting -> message control . this particular message is configured as warning .

So this means that from the standard SRM code all the message with message no. 047 is giving warning message.

Now , i want to know if in the BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI i read the message 047 and raise it as Error message is it possible because in the SPRO setting we have configured as warning.

Please let me know.

Regards

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul

But message no. 047 (message class BBP_PD) text is dynamic generated then how to control its behaviour of error or warning as per SPRO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

You cannot change the standard message types using 'BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI'.

Message no. 47 (message class BBP_PD) is a standard message and called at different places in the standard process.

Using badi you cannot change the message type from warning to error.

You can change the message type using SPRO settings

Documentation from SPRO.

Influence Message Control

Use

You can use this Customizing step to influence the message type of those messages that appear on the screen. You can switch off some messages so that they do not appear at all.

If an E message is set up as a W message, then the message appears to the user as a warning message. In this case, the error no longer leads to an incorrect (incomplete) document. This means that you can carry out all those actions that are restricted to complete documents.

If a W message is set up as an E message, then this results in an incorrect (incomplete) document. This means that those actions that are restricted to complete documents are no longer possible here. You can use this facility, for example, to prevent a shopping cart from being ordered before such errors are corrected.

The number of customizeable messages is fixed. The possible message types (including the option to switch a message off completely) are also fixed for each message.

Regards,

Andy

Message was edited by:

Andy V

Message was edited by:

Andy V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing this message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul

You haven't understood the question properly. I have a particular message no. 047 which has different text . Now since in SPRO message control this has been set as 'warning' so can i make it as error message through bbp_doc_check_badi or finally it will be converted in to warning again because of the settings in SPRO.

Regards

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Incase you are using any specific custom message, then it's recommended you should use BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI and issue a Error message as per your requirments.

Otherwise, You should only use SPRO Message control for standard SRM system messages (and not for your custom messages).

Hope this answers your query.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As you said, if we make any custom messages as Error using the BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI Implementation, then the system will display that as hard error message in the Shopping cart web page screen.

Otherwise for all Standard messages using Influence Message control transaction in SPRO, specific messages, incase of Shopping cart, can be configured, using SRM SPRO Path

<u>In SRM, Try to create/ change the new or standard message to Error through the following path:</u>

SPRO-->Supplier Relationship Management-->SRM Server-->Cross-Application Basic Settings-->Message Control-->Influence Message Control.

( We can make them either Warning or Error messages only.)

<b>Related links -></b>

<b>Sample code of BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI</b>

<u>Hope this will definitely help. Do let me know.</u>

Regards

- Atul