cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Company code assignment in ECCS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am implementing the ECCS consolidation function (Company based). I have made most of the settings, including consolidation groups, consolidation units, FS items, etc. However, I do not see anywhere that you can link the company code to the consolidation unit.

I have read some previous threads which say that you can assign the company code to a company, and assign a company to a consolidation unit. I know where to assign a company code to a company, but not a company to a consolidation unit.

Can anyone tell me the relevant transaction or menu path, or at least describe how the system knows which company code relates to which Consolidation Unit?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Hello,

>

> I am implementing the ECCS consolidation function

> (Company based). I have made most of the settings,

> including consolidation groups, consolidation units,

> FS items, etc. However, I do not see anywhere that

> you can link the company code to the consolidation

> unit.

>

> I have read some previous threads which say that you

> can assign the company code to a company, and assign

> a company to a consolidation unit. I know where to

> assign a company code to a company, but not a company

> to a consolidation unit.

>

> Can anyone tell me the relevant transaction or menu

> path, or at least describe how the system knows which

> company code relates to which Consolidation Unit?

> Thanks

Peter

<b>Operational Organizational Units Consolidation Units</b>

Company code Company

Company code / Business area Company / Consolidation business area

Company code / Profit center Company / Profit center

Kindly read the following link on

<a href="http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_02/helpdata/en/5c/c1c25f445f11d189f00000e81ddfac/frameset.htm">Consolidation unit</a>

<b>When u are creating a consolidation group/ unit, it is with reference to a dimension (company)and the system assumes that the consolidation unit u create here is company. Further the real integration between consolidation unit and company takes place in EC CS that is between FI company and EC CS consolidation unit.</b>

<b>You are defining the consolidation group in CX1X. Next step is defining the consolidation unit. The consolidation unit which you define here could be from R/3 or from non R/3. If it is from R/3 then from the top of the screen choose companies. You will see a pop up with<b> from </b> company <b>to</b> company. This selection is based on the comapnies you already defined in R/3. Select the company which should form the consolidation group. Based on the selection ,consolidation group will be generated automatically based on the definition of company in FI. For the company outside SAP you can create them separately. Hope it is clear now how the linkage between FI company and EC CS consolidation unit is happening</b>

Answers (0)