cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inter company billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Iam working on intercompany process first time. In this Company A delivering goods to company B not directly to the customer. And at the time of preparing sales order iam not giving the plant of delivering company code. By the base of requisition, created PO and then delivery against the PO.

Guide me the steps i have to fallow to generate intercompany billing in this situation.

Thanks In Advance

VSKumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI S Kumar

Here is the step by step to configure intercompany.

Step: 1

DEFINE ORDER TYPES FOR INTERCOMPANY BILLING

Path: IMG -- SD-Billing -- Intercompany Billing -- Define Order Types for Intercompany Billing.

Step: 2

ASSIGN ORGANISATIONAL UNIT BY PLANT

Path: IMG – SD --Billing -- Intercompany Billing -- Assign Organizational unit by Plant

Step: 3

EXTEND CUSTOMER

Extend a customer of for eg.us05 sales organization i.e. eg.7000006001 to sales org. in customer master data. This is the customer who is actually ordering for the material.

T-code: Xd01

Step: 4

ASSIGNMENT OF SALES ORG - DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL -PLANT

Path: IMG -- Enterprise Structure – Assignment -- SD

Step: 5

Create Customer and assign customer number to Sales Org ie e.g. 100358 (payer) This customer is nothing but the corporate office. We assign a customer no. to the corporate office. This corporate office will be assigned as an internal customer.

T-code: Xd01

Step: 6

DEFINE INTERNAL CUSTOMER NUMBER BY SALES ORG

Path: Img – SD --Billing-intercompany billing -- Define internal customer number by sales org

Step: 6

MAINTAIN CONDITION RECORD T .C

T-code: VK11 -- PI01

Here we maintain the price for intercompany that is for the corporate office.

Step: 6A

T-code: VK11—PR00

Maintain a condition record for material sales org-US05 and dc- U4.

This PR00 is for the customer who is actually ordering the Material.

Step: 7

Create Sales Order

T-code: VA01

Then do delivery and Billing

Reward if useful to u

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

STO PROCESS

Stock Transfer Orders comes into picture when the stock is moving / Transferring between two different plants with two Different Company Codes or Stock Transfer between two plants with One Company Code the Difference are given below:

P.O Order types and Delivery Types

STO: - Stock Transfer Order – Intra Company

Stock Transfer between Two Plants with One Company code.

The Purchase Order Type is Used in this case is "UB".

And the Delivery Type Used here is "NL".

Goods Movement type: 641

Item Category in delivery is NLN

STPO: - Stock Transfer Purchase Order – Inter Company

Stock Transfer Purchase Orders between Two Plants with Two Different Company Codes.

The Purchase Order Type is Used in this case is "NB".

And the Delivery Type Used here is "NLCC".

Goods Movement type: 643

Item Category in delivery is NLC

A. Configure Intercompany Stock Transport Order

Material should exist in both the plants (Delivering & Ordering),

Internal customer should be assigned to the ordering plant ( MM -> Purchasing -> Purchase Order -> Setup stock transport order -> assign the internal customer to the ordering plant and assign the Sales area of the internal customer.

Assign its Sales area to the delivering plant

Assign the document type and Delivery type NB and NLCC

Assign the Supplying plant --> Receiving Plant --> NB

Take the delivering plant and assign the sales area.

Vendor master has to be created and assign the supply source (Delivering Plant).

Create a purchase order ME21N ---> Save

Delivery VL10 G ---> Calculation rule (appropriate) --> Assign the purchase order number here and execute.

Select the Delivery creation line and do the back ground process.

Start the log display and see the delivery document number by the documents button

Goto VL02N --> do picking and PGI --> Then do the MIGO with respect to the delivery document.

Billing (Intercompany pricing conditions should be set).

AND

1. Customer No. for the Goods Receiving Plant - OMGN

2. Availability Check- Checking Rule (if necessary) - OMGN

3. Assign a Delivery Type for the Delivering Plant - OMGN (for Stock Transport Orders, NLCC)

4. PO type (which i believe you have done) - OMGN

5. Assign Vendor No. to the Supplying Plant (done) - VK02

6. Assign Customer No. to the Purchasing Plant for the Inter-Company Invoice (but you need to assign this to the Sales Organization pre-assigned to the Purchasing Plant),

IMG-SD-Billing-InterCompany Billing-Define Internal Customer No. by Sales Org

***and by the way for the Invoice to work between Cross-Company Plants, you need also to have a Sales Org for the Supplying Plant and a Pricing Determination Procedure

--

INTERCOMPANY PRICING:

PI01 Intercompany: fixed amount per material unit

PI02 Intercompany: percentage of the net invoice amount

These condition types specify that the price charged by the delivering plant to the sales organization is shown as a statistical value in the sales order and an effective charge in the internal invoice.

The condition records you create and maintain for intercompany billing are the same kind of records that you create for pricing in general.

IV01 Inter-company Price ERLOS Revenue

IV02 Inter-company % ERLOS Revenue

STO CONFIG:

The following steps have to be followed in order to configure stock transport order between two plants.

1. Create a vendor for the Company code of the receiving plant using account group 0007 via T-Code XK01.

2. In the purchasing data view assign the supplying plant and the schema group

3. Create customer with the sales area of the vendor.

4. The shipping conditions, the delivering plant and the transportation zone determine the route in the STO.

5. In the pricing procedure determination relevant to the STO assign document pricing procedure and customer pricing procedure to get the pricing in the invoice.

6. Maintain condition records for pricing condition.

7. Maintain carrier as a partner in the customer master.

8. In OMGN select the supplying plant and assign the company code and sales area. Similarly select the receiving plant and assign the company code and sales area (The company code to which the plant is assigned to).

9. Assign the delivery type and checking rule to the document type.

10. And finally, assign the purchasing document type to the supplying plant and the receiving plant.

11. Create the STO using T-Code ME 21N and save.

12. Check for release strategy if any and release using T-Code ME 28.

13. Create delivery in background using VL10G.

14. If delivery is created, it is an indication of correct configuration and master data creation.

Stock transfer between two plants in different company codes is known as inter company stock transfer.

Material should be maintained in both supplying and receiving plant MM01

Stock should maintain only in supplying plant MB1C

Create receiving plant as a customer in supplying plants company code and sales area XD01

Assign this customer number in receiving plant details OMGN

Assign supplying sales area in supplying plant details OMGN

Assign delivery type NB for in combination of supplying/ receiving plants.

Create STO ME21N

As it is normal there in the item details we should get shipping date i.e. customer number

Go for Delivery VL10B

Shipping point *****

Select PO go for execute

then select the delivery then go for delvy ............create delvy,,,, delvy number generated.

Goods Issue VL02

Delvy doc **********

Click on picking

enter the picking qty

Click on PGI

in the mean time check in the PO history you will get the details

Goods receipt MIGO

Stock overview the stock will be updated....

Check the below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/4d/2ba31643ad11d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Stock transfers that include deliveries and billing documents/invoices are only possible between plants belonging to different company codes.

If you want to carry out a cross-company-code stock transport order with delivery but without a billing document, you must set the Relevant for Billing (data element FKREL) indicator in Customizing of the item type to "blank" (Not relevant for billing).

The following applications are involved in this type of stock transfer:

• Purchasing (MM-PUR) in entering the order

• Shipping (LE-SHP) in making the delivery from the issuing plant

• Billing (SD-BIL) in creating the billing document for the delivery

• Inventory Management (MM-IM) at goods receipt in the receiving plant

Invoice Verification (MM-IV) at invoice receipt in the receiving

Transfer of goods from one location to another location, it may be between plants within the same company code or in different company code's plants.

within the company code, but plants,

receiving plant will raise the STO in Supplying/issuing plant-ME21n,

Supplying plant will deliver the goods to receiving plants ,

then we need to pick n post the Goods Issue-VL02n,

now when we can observe that the STO qty will be added into receiving plant and reduced in Delivering plant,

To do this, we need do prior customization in SPRO-IMG,-

material should be created in both plants( receiving & Supplying)

-maintain the stock only in supplying plant

-create a dummy customer in supplying plant's sales area(if u have one sales area, create in tat comp code n sales area)

-assign this customer number to receiving plant's details along with the sales area,

-Assign the STO doc type(UB) to Supplying plant, along with checking rule

-Assign the Del type (NL/NLCC) to Supplying n receiving plant.

*Del type=NL is not relevant for billing, where as NLCC is relevant for billing

Please Reward If Really Helpful,

Thanks and Regards,

Sateesh.Kandula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh

Information given by you is helpful. but i have a doubt that, iam generating sales order, but iam not changing the plant at item level ( Delivering plant instead of Ordering plant ). So system doesnt pick the condition PI01 which is maintained on the bases of delivering plant and ordering sales organization.

By using this sales order iam generating PR and doing the the remaining process.

Actully i have to receive the goods into ordering plant, from that i have to use the sales order generated previously to do the delivery to the the end customer.

Suppose iam changing the plant as delivering plant instead of ordering plant in the sales order, condition type PI01 is activated automatically in the pricing procedure, but for final delivery how i can determine shipping point.

At the same time end customers currency is not INR.

Please guide me as early as possible.

Thanks in advance

S Kumar Valluru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

You scenario is not of a intercompany sales order process but to me it looks like to be a intercompany PO/STO process. Please let me know if my understanding is correct and then i will explain the process to you in my next message.

Thanks

Kapil Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil,

What you are telling is correct, it is not exactly like intercompany process, intercompany with PO/STO process. Guide me how to generate biiling for the process like this.

Thanks in advance

VS Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

I believe Sateesh already explained the PO/STO process in detail. It is a bit lengthy but good one. STPO part out of that process (Stock Transport order - Intercompany) is the one which will work for you. Try it out and contact back sateesh or myself, if you need any clarification on the same.

Thanks

Kapil Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kumar,

Please follow the steps below:

1) Creating a Sales Order – VA01

2) Creating a Delivery – VL01N

3) Invoicing the Customer – VF01

4) Creating an Internal Invoice – VF04

1) Creating a Sales Order – VA01

The sales order is created by the ordering company in a Sales Area to which the customer was extended.

The plant entered against the line item must belong to another company code.

Configuration

Plant assigned to a different company code.

Plant assigned to the combination of Sales Organization and Distribution Channel which belongs to the Ordering Company Code.

2) Creating an Outbound Delivery – VL01N

Enter the shipping point, delivery date and sales document number.

In the picking tab enter the picking quantity and click on the post goods issue option

3) Invoicing the Customer – VF01

Enter the delivery document number, press F8 and ensure no processing errors have occurred.

Save the invoice.

4) Creating an Internal Invoice – VF04

Enter the delivery document number, select the Intercompany billing option and press F8.

Select the delivery document and click on individual billing document option in the application toolbar.

Save the invoice.

Configuration

Assign the Intercompany billing document for the order types

Define internal customer for ordering sales organization.

Menu Path is : Spro>sales & Distribution>Billing-->Intercompany billing

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

INTERCOMPANY BILLING PROCESS

Intercompany Billing:

Go through the explanation given below with test cases.

Business case: -

Customer orders goods to company code/Sales organization A (Eg.4211/4211).Sales org 4211 will accept and punch the order in the system with sold to party as end customer code in the system. Company code/sales org B (Eg.4436) will deliver the goods to end customer and raise an intercom any billing on 4211 with reference to delivery. This can happen only after 4211 raises invoice to his end customer to whom the material has been delivered by 4436.

SPRO Customization required:-

1. Assign plant of delivering company code (Eg.SI81) to sales org/distribution channel combination of ordering company code (Eg.4211/RT)

2. Maintain intercom any billing type as IV for sales document type OR

3. Assign Organizational Units By Plant (Eg.SI81/4211/RT/11)

4.Define Internal Customer Number By Sales Organization (Eg.4436 will create customer master for 4211 company code and that number will be maintained in this relationship:-4211/231)

5. Automatic posting to vendor account (Optional)

6. Maintain pricing procedure determination for 4211/RT/A/1/RVAA01-For customer sales and billing

Maintain pricing procedure determination for 4436/RT/A/1/ICAA01-For intercompony billing

Master data to be maintained:-

1. Create end customer master in company code/sales org 4211/RT/11

2. Create customer master for 4211 company code/sales org in 4436/RT/11

3. Maintain PR00 as price for end customer-Active in RVAA01

4. Maintain PI01 as price which has to be paid to 4436-Statistical in RVAA01

5. Maintain IV01 as inter-company Price-Active in ICAA01

Process:-

1. Create OR with sold to party as end customer.

2. Plant to be selected is delivering plant belonging to different company code. With this selection system will treat this order as intercomany sales.

3. Pricing procedure is RVAA01

4. With reference to this order delivery will be created from the delivering plant and post the goods issue for this delivery.

5. Ordering sales org will create billing document F2 with reference to delivery for end customer.

6. Delivering sales org will create intercompany billing IV with reference to delivery document.

Following link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/e6/4a6dc89e0311d189b70000e829fbbd/frameset.htm then go to special business transaction n click on intercompany sales processing.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/4d/2b911d43ad11d189410000e829fbbd/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/4d/2b917843ad11d189410000e829fbbd/content.htm

Please Reward If Really Helpful,

Thanks and Regards,

Sateesh.Kandula