cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plug between views in differents DCs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would like to navigate between a view in DC 1 (lets call it sourceView) to a view in DC 2 (lets call it targetView). DC 2 provides neccessary Public Parts. So I defined another view in DC 1 (lets call it embView), which embeds targetView of DC2 by using a ViewContainerUIElement. Defining in- and outbound-plug in sourceView respectivly embView, everything works fine. I can navigate from targetView to sourceView.

Now I would like to transport a parameter over the plug. How could I do this? Or what other way is recommended to transfer data from sourceView to targetView?

Thanks for each hint,

Christoph

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cristoph,

You can provide mapping between the two DCs to pass data from one view to another.

In your data Modeler, you can specify the mappings between the Interface controller of Dc2 and the controllers of DC1 and then to view in DC1.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza,

thanks for this hint. I know about this possibility. I would like to know, if it is possible to transfer a plug-parameter between two DCs. So I could hide the context of DC 2. I'd regard this as a loser coupling of the DCs.

Regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

As the inbound plug for the foreign DC is created automatically so i think we won't be able to pass parameters in the way you are looking for.

Regards,

Murtuza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

why not define a parameter in your out-plug and get the data in you in-plug method using wdEvent.getxxx()? Or I misunderstand your point?

Jayson

former_member751941
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Check this.

Regads,

Mithu