cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print form/script on local printer . How ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I want to use the LOCAL printer. How can i get local printer.

The idea is , if the user prints any form or script then the print should happen on the default printer attached to the system the user has logged in. How can i bring this logic . Can i use LOCL for this.

Thanks,

Jeeva.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Yes, if the Default printer is LOCL then it will print in the LOCL printer.

2) Id use this function module 'GET_PRINT_PARAMETERS' then you will get all the printer Information including the Printer name also

3) Basis people will take care to configure the LOCL printer in the SPAD transaction code,

• Award the points for the helpful answers

Regards

Sudheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can use LOCL printer name but it will gie you the local printer, but this LOCL will nt be the default printer for the users, so you need to use 'GET_PRINT_PARAMETERS' programetically, or you can select the printer in the Popup when you click the Print

CALL FUNCTION 'GET_PRINT_PARAMETERS'

EXPORTING

destination = '5M04'

immediately = ' '

release = ' '

new_list_id = 'X'

line_size = 255

line_count = 65

layout = 'X_65_255'

sap_cover_page = ' '

no_dialog = 'X'

IMPORTING

out_parameters = params

valid = valid.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur reply sudheer .

I would like to get cleared on the following points.

1) So i can use LOCL if i want to print on the default printer attached to the system the user has logged in. IF the default printer attached to the user in SAP and the default default printer of the PC the user has logged in are different then , LOCL will print only on the default printer of the PC . Please comment on this.

2)Also if i want to print on the default printer attached to the user in SAP , then i should use 'GET_PRINT_PARAMETERS' . Please comment on this.

3)Im using a fresh server ECC 6.0 . Im not able to find LOCL on my server. If this has to be configured in SPAD , Then what are the critical parameters that i need to maintain.?

Thanks a lot for ur time,

Jeeva.